Hi, My Name Is ________

TroyAlford
TroyAlford
edited December 2007 in Player Lounge

Comments

• TroyAlford
    TroyAlford
    Hello everyone. :)

My name is Troy, and I'm currently living in Peoria, IL, and running a Tuesday night tabletop game, which is what you see me tracking via OP. :) I'm 26, and have been playing for 21 years, GMing for about 15 of those, but 90% or more of my exposure has been split between the various forms of D&D and the White-Wolf systems. I've played others, such as GURPS, Warhammer, Cyberpunk, etc - but none of the genres have ever caught me up as much as D&D, and none of the rule systems have ever pleased me as much as White Wolf.

Spawning out of that, I am currently running a mixed hodgepodge system which is generally a D&D setting, completely of my own design, but using White-Wolf style D10-based rules. I find that the open-ended character development mixes well with a world of high-fantasy and magic, and my players seem to really enjoy it as well. :)

I've only been on the site for a couple days now, but I can tell I'll be a long-time user already - and it's great to have already been in touch with some of you as well. :)

Thanks to all who are taking an interest in my game, and in meeting me - and I hope to meet more of you as time goes on. :)

Troy
  • Charsen
    Charsen
    Hi TroyAlford. :)

I checked out your game briefly, and it seems like you have some good stuff going - looks well organized so far! I'm going to read it later (after finals week, I'm afraid), so I have already added it to my watch list. I'm in two games that are using a combination of D&D and WoD d10 rules as well, and it's been fantastic for us, especially considering our heavy role-play (vs. roll-play) tendencies. ;)

Anyway, good luck with the game and i hope to see you around the forums! :)
  • AidanDark
    AidanDark
    Welcome welcome :D
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    Welcome to the site. As I said earlier, I'm very intrigued by your campaign. It looks very promising, with lots of characters and interesting ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing more.