Static Divs / Tables

bepnewt
bepnewt
edited March 2010 in Feature Requests
We need optional static content sections that will appear on every page of the Wiki. Header, Footer, Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar. This config would be accessible by GM / Co-GM only and be at the campaign level.

Then, at the individual page level, a boolean checkbox to override each one of the 4 options so that it's not displayed if the page editer so chooses. This can be GM / Co-GM Only or anyone who edits the page. That could even be a Campaign-level config.

This will allow quick navigation menus, etc. that will be shown on every page.

Comments

• DiceMasterNick
    DiceMasterNick
    I second this idea.
  • Karelzarath
    Karelzarath
    This is a much-requested item, and I support its inclusion, as well.
  • Idabrius
    Idabrius
    I fourth it.
  • bepnewt
    bepnewt
    From a php developer point of view, this is actually an easy addition if it's kept very basic. It doesn't need to be a feature-rich addition and could even be added in phases

Has there ever been a response to the requests like this one? Is there a list of items the devs plan on getting to?
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    Link to a "previous thread":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=950&page=1#Item_13 on this subject.

I know the devs have a long list of to-do items, though I don't think the specifics are publicly posted anywhere. They do occasionally hold polls to see what the community wants them to work on next, so I would encourage everyone to keep an eye out and participate if you see one.