n00b to the portal

Sphyh
edited January 2010 in Player Lounge
Hey, I'm totally new to the portal. Never gamed on a site quite like this but im def interested in learning. Ive played on numerous pbp sites and table top over the years - mostly dnd 3.5. Im currently in a few games on en-world.net but wanted to play some more games in different styles and i came across this site.

Im totally sure how to go about doing just that but im def willing to learn

Much Love,
Paul

Comments

• Morrinn
    Morrinn
    Welcome to the portal Paul, hope you enjoy it =)
    Post edited by Morrinn on
  • Sphyh
    thanks morrinn, so its this site solely for people who play face to face and use the site as a sort of interface or do some people play only online?
  • Morrinn
    Morrinn
    I think it's a little of both. I know several people who play online and use the Portal as a place to host the setting information and data. I just use it for my musings at the moment but am thinking of using it the future to host a proper campaign.
  • freyja3120
    freyja3120
    I think that the core intention of the site is for the setting info, as Morrinn said. It is a great place to keep a log of your games, as well as offering the ability to link within the log to your other data on the site. For me, the hyperlinking is a great feature. For myself running the game, and for my players trying to keep track of things, the ability to look at all of the past info I've entered is great. I think that this could be useful for both face to face and purely online groups/gms.

In addition to tracking a game in progress, many people use it as a world building tool, sort of setting up hyperlinks in their pages, and sort of following where they lead you.