Hello from the creator of Trel

scars_of_carma
scars_of_carma
edited January 2010 in Player Lounge
Hello All, I'm in the process of creating a world on this site so I thought I should introduce myself.

I enjoy 3 things in life... driving, wrenching, and roleplaying. I do the later when I don't have money to work on my car or go to the racetrack... I'm a single dad, I'm also developing a web-based automotive business.

I've been playing D&D since 2nd Edition days and lately I prefer to DM. I find I get to be more creative that way... I prefer 3.5 but I have an extensive list of house rules. I'm familiar with the other editions as well.

I've probably moved around and seen more of California then most people will in their lifetimes. I also lived in Oregon on an Indian Reservation. (although I had no blood-relation to that tribe)

I enjoy Reading, (George R.R. Martin FTW) Writing, (huge procrastinator) and watching movies/anime or some kind of autoracing on the tele. (Formula 1 is out of their minds)

Anyone that knows me will tell you I am very easygoing and friendly. (if not just a bit introverted) I'm very good to my friends and I have no reservations about sharing or helping others if I can. I think the biggest problem with people is "an over-exagerated sense of self importance." so I remain humble

Comments

• Taloff
    Taloff
    What about people with a properly exaggerated sense of self-importance?

Regardless, sounds like you'll be right at home. Hope you enjoy the site and we look forward to the results of your machinations.
  • scars_of_carma
    scars_of_carma
    Heh, I dunno what proper exaggeration is... unless it includes the phrase "that's what she said"

Thanks for the encouragement. I was getting discouraged by the fact it's taking so long for people to join my game :p
  • Morrinn
    Morrinn
    Welcome to Obsidian, Scars, good to have you on board.
    Looking forward to the Song of Ice and Fire HBO series? I know I am. Glad to have another Martin fan around :]
  • scars_of_carma
    scars_of_carma
    OMG really? an HBO series??? That is such awesome news!

How long have you been on here Morrinn?
  • Morrinn
    Morrinn
    I've been a member for a while, but I only started using OP a few weeks ago. So far, I love it.

For info on the TV series go check out:
    http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/
    It's rumor control and a news site on the casting. I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but its hard with all the good news you can find there.
  • scars_of_carma
    scars_of_carma
    Excellent! Thanks for the info. Check out my campaign!

Trel is my 2nd world, but my other world is definitely inspired by the Martin I'll put that one up eventually. :)