Black Friday promo not working

metaDM
metaDM
edited November 2009 in Bug Reports

Comments

• metaDM
    metaDM
    I tried to sign up for the year plus 1 year. It says "invalid subscription period." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.
  • ryan
    ryan
    jobe,

I show that you were able to sign up for a premium subscription. I'm going to private message you and we'll get this fixed.

Ryan
  • Tempest
    Tempest
    Don't feel too bad Jobe, I didn't even realize there was a Black Friday Promo! LOL.

Pages aren't updating every time their refreshed but I'm betting the problem is on my end... Oh Well!

Tempest
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Hey Tempest,

Have you tried clearing out your cache?
  • metaDM
    metaDM
    The administrators helped me via PM. Not sure what I was doing wrong, they got it sorted out.
  • Tempest
    Tempest
    I did, think I have the issue figured out now, had to do with issue with Firefox. Now to figure out where I'm supposed to find the newsletter, I had assumed it would come via email, but no dice so far. Added ya'll as a fan on my facebook and thats how I found out about the deal for the holiday and kicked myself in the shin for jumping the gun on my subscription by a week. So other then locating where and when to watch for a newsletter, I've got most of the issues figured out.

Tempest
  • humanjoe
    humanjoe
    I had the same problem. By the time I found out how to get to the sale, it was over. ;( Oh well.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Sorry to hear that humanjoe! We'll be having the same sale next year, and something special for Cyber Monday 2010 too!

Tempest, are you flagged to get the newsletter in your Obsidian Portal edit profile page?
  • Tempest
    Tempest
    To be honest, I'm not sure. I have it set up to get email from you guys, but I haven't seen anything concerning "Newsletter" to mark. I'll look again and if turns out I missed it, will fix and speak up, otherwise will assume for some reason I'm set up and not getting it.

Tempest
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Yeah, it's the *Receive e-mail updates?* check box on you *Edit Profile* page. If that's flagged then you should get the newsletter on the 15th of every month! You might want to add [email protected] to your 'not spam' email address list.
  • Tempest
    Tempest
    I've changed the email address it was set for, we'll see if that works. I've checked and the Obsidianportal.com group is allowed to send mail, so with luck the new email addy will work.

Tempest