Project Morphogenetic

Invictus
Invictus
edited November 2009 in Campaign Submissions

Comments

• Invictus
    Invictus
    I am submitting my campaign “Project Morphogenetic”. It’s a whole cloth world that takes a realistic approach to the Pet Monster genre if it was set in the near future of our world. Around my group a game of this plays about once every year and runs for about 6 months. In that time i produce usually about 50- 60 unique NPCs for the game as well as battle leagues, unique competitions and often over the top final tournaments.

The word is surprisingly dark when read about and for the adults who live in it and work closely with Mutamon related organizations but for children its a place of wonder and imagination were you and your best friend can go on an adventure every day.

The PCs play children with their pet Mutamon who are always very unique with their own quirks and back grounds; the gang tries to be the best Mutamon Trainer in the world and aim for winning the coveted Grand Master’s Gauntlet, well usually it really depends on what their characters want and sometimes they want very strange things.

Right now I have almost 90% of the world information up with a few pages here and there that need to go up but I’ve been updating it steadily in the week it’s been since I’ve created it.

Check it out: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/mutamon

The game runs in the C.A.S.T.E. system. It’s a free unique system toolkit that allows you to contrast systems for your games, completely balanced, untwinkable and allows you to create anything you can imagine.
    http://www.c-a-s-t-e.org/
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Very interesting stuff Invictus! I have to say I haven't heard of the C.A.S.T.E system until just now. Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at it after I read through your campaign :)

Good Gaming,
    AutumnsChild(dan)
  • Invictus
    Invictus
    Cool, thanks for responding.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    No problem, thanks for using Obsidian Portal :)
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    No problem, thanks for using Obsidian Portal :)
  • Schutte
    Schutte
    Honestly, I'm pretty psyched to see this run. Mutamon is pretty darned great, and has the ability to take on different 'flavours' depending on what the GM and PC's are after. Also, you get to design your ideal super-powered pet, and be an anime character made of awesome!

Personally, I'm rather interested to see how Obsidian Portal will enhance this game. I've played in it several times before, and it has always lead to good stories. It'd be nice to have a place to keep the flavour for reference.

I'd vote for this to go on the front page.
  • kingtruffle
    kingtruffle
    Ah... Mutamon. Such good times we had in previous Campaigns. Childlike wonderment with a hint of darkness always brings a smile to my face. And now in CASTE rather then in ...ugh... BESM.

I would have to agree with schutte... If anything would put OP through the ringer it would be Mutamon.

Also what's with the "Front Page" babble? Is there like a "featured games section?"? If so.. yeah! sure! Front page would be nice. Is there some brand of vote for front page thingy cause I imagine that simply saying it on a forum wouldn't get that to happen.

Either way Mutamon FTW! Maybe I'll play that Chinese Knock off kid with "Spider Yuan".
  • Enhialus
    Enhialus
    I incredibly like mutamon, it has to be one of the funnest games I've played in, if anything games deserves to be featured its this one, it combines the child we all have inside of us and adds a twist to it. the originality of this game is top end in itself like anyone can play a DnD game anytime and there all the same, but this in itself is incredible that everyone can like it. also it uses the C.A.S.T.E system which just makes it better than any other system cause of what you can do with it. I give this game 5/5 stars.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    I too like things!
  • Invictus
    Invictus
    Hurrah...for Things!
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Yay things!