502 errors and site just running slow

LordMisha
LordMisha
edited May 28 in General Discussion

Anyone else running into these problems? I have been encountering all of this since late Sunday night. Pages taking minutes or longer to even load. Really painful when trying to edit campaigns. In other cases, it just simply craps out the 502 Bad Gateway error for the site. Over the last 2 or so days, there have been maybe 20 minute blocks where site seems running just fine. Then back to slowness and not loading.

Post edited by LordMisha on

Comments

• EugeneGM
    EugeneGM

Came here to say the same

• vadercomplex
    vadercomplex

Hi guys! @Lordmisha @EugeneGM, I went ahead and reported this to my team - we're so sorry you're experiencing this but we're on to find a solution for you ASAP! 

Obsidian Portal Support Druid | [email protected]

• thaen
    thaen

Let us know if you're still seeing issues, or saw them after 3am CST on May 28th.

One of the members has a very ambitious Campaign, and the number of links that needed processing on Save was locking up the database. The Campaign has just reached the threshold where it was too much for the existing code to handle. We made some changes to the code to process that better, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• LordMisha
    LordMisha

Well, that seemd to fix things for a bit. But as of late last night and today (Saturday) the problems are starting back up. Not quite as often but often enough to be frustrating when trying to edit a campaign.

• LordMisha
    LordMisha

The slowness and timing out errors is still ongoing, a bit less frequently then original complaint, but still none-the-less.

Post edited by LordMisha on
  • vadercomplex
    vadercomplex

Our sincerest apologies @LordMisha! I'll let the team know and we'll get back with you, thank you for your patience. 

• thaen
    thaen

@LordMisha, thank you for letting us know!

We made some further changes over the weekend, and a few more tweaks this week. It's looking good at this point from this side ... we haven't seen any errors that would indicate slowness.

If you see any issues after today, please do let us know again!

Obsidian Portal Developer

• PoLaNdAiS
    PoLaNdAiS

Hello, I had the same issues for the past two weeks, and it's still ongoing as of today ; it takes a few minutes to load a page, and it ends up most of the time with a 502 error.

• vadercomplex
    vadercomplex

I'm so sorry to hear this @polandais, we apologize for the late reply! I'll have our team look into this.

• vadercomplex
    vadercomplex

Howdy @PoLaNdAiS!

We sent you a personal message to follow up on this bug, please give your email inbox a check!