Want to translate some items of my campaign

UskomatonMurmeli
UskomatonMurmeli

Hello,

I'm a complete newbie in HTML and CSS, but I wanted to know if it was possible to easily remove some texts from ObsidianPortal with few modifications. For example, I want to change the titles of Home Page and Main Page of the wiki, or the titles "PLAYER CHARACTERS" and "NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS" in Characters page. I've failed to change those items, so I suppose I'm not good enough to do that.

Thanks for help!

Comments

• Abersade
    Abersade

For the home page and main page name changes, would you be so kind as to post a picture of where you want to see those changes?

For changing Player Characters and Non-Player Characters, please reference the link below:

https://abersade-testbed.obsidianportal.com/wikis/css-characters

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• UskomatonMurmeli
    UskomatonMurmeli

I'm sorry if my requests are unclear.

I wanted to know if someone have done a guide to, simply, translate all the Obsidian. But I'm thinking there's not guide of this type.

So, I wanted to change the title of Main page of the Wiki (i.e. screenshot after) :

I'm also curious to remove the title "Bio" and "Description" on characters page, like that:

I've tested a CSS used before, but it doesn't seems to work anymore.

• Abersade
    Abersade

For the main page you could use something like this:

.wiki-page-slug-main-page .wiki-page-name.title {font-size: 0; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;}

.wiki-page-slug-main-page .wiki-page-name.title::after {content: 'New Page Name Here'; font-size: 30px;}

GM of Stream of Kairos

• Abersade
    Abersade

And here's the Description and Bio fields, keep in mind that unlike the Main Page CSS that I listed above which only targets a single page, this code changes all character description and bio fields on all character pages to whatever you specify.

#character-details > div.description > h6 {font-size: 0;}

#character-details > div.description > h6::after {content: 'Something 1'; font-size: 15px;}

#character-details > div.bio > h6 {font-size: 0;}

#character-details > div.bio > h6::after {content: 'Something 2'; font-size: 15px;}

GM of Stream of Kairos

• UskomatonMurmeli
    UskomatonMurmeli

Thanks you very much!

It's a bit cryptic for me what it's possible or not, because I think I don't get correctly how ObsidianPortal functions. I guess I'm not good enough to do something more. 

Again, thanks you and have a nice day !

• ragnarhawk

To clarify Abersade's main page post,

.wiki-page-slug-main-page .wiki-page-name.title {font-size: 0; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;}

--- this section changes the existing title to size 0, effectively hiding it

-and-

.wiki-page-slug-main-page .wiki-page-name.title::after {content: 'New Page Name Here'; font-size: 30px;}

---this section inserts new text (New Page Name Here) in its place

for your use case, you might then use:

.wiki-page-slug-main-page .wiki-page-name.title::after {content: 'Page d'accueil'; font-size: 30px;}

Apologies if Google Translate fouled that up wink

Post edited by ragnarhawk on