Would my mates story idea work

marshalljames1

A mate of mines had a idea for A unique backstory for A Npc. Is it feasible

Basically even though the worlds history books go back 5,456 years The Npcs grandfather was famous for being The 1st Elf to ever earn A Noble Title in A Dwarfen Country

Comments

• ElMuggs
    ElMuggs

Hummm... Well that would depend on the relationship between the dwarves and the elves in your setting.

I could see a elf getting a noble title being a big deal and possibly something that only happened three generations ago if Dwarves are very strict about how they hand them out.

Which then begs the question of what their grandfather did to impress them so much?

DM of The Domains of Dread Council Meeting (...a Comedic Misadventure though the mists of a re-imagined Ravenloft! ) - COTM Feb 2023! 

• marshalljames1

I think it being A massive thing has a lot less to do with The Elves Grandfather being A Elf that earned  Noble Title within A Dwarfen Country and has more to do with The Elves Grandfather being  the 1st Elf to earn A Noble Title within A Dwarfern Country

Here's some more thoughts and idea's I've had

I don't know how The Elves Grandfather became the 1st Elf to earn A Noble Title within A Dwarfern Country but I can guess how such a thing was impossible 3 Elven generations ago but became possible 2 Elven generations ago

My guess is that the most likely answer is that its similar to The Original Warhammer in that Dwarfs and Elves were have been either bitter rivals or enemies for several millenium but unlike in the original Wahammer setting within the last 325 years s the political situation between Dwarfs and Elves has improved enough that things that were legally impossible 350 years ago have been legally possible for roufgly 300 yearst

For example 350 years ago it was legally impossible for A Elf to earn A Noble Title within A Dwarfen Country but 326 years ago something happened that meant roughly 26 years later or 300 years ago something happened that made it legally possible A Elf to earn A Noble Title within A Dwarfen Country