"Allow this Custom JavaScript" notification won't go away?

R_Panda
R_Panda

As the GM, I obviously trust myself, so my first request is that custom JavaScript is enabled for GMs by default.

Secondly, I don't know when this happened, but after following the steps to allow custom JS when initially setting it up, a few months later the notification is back again, even though I don't think I've changed the JS at all in that time. It now appears every time I open my campaign and I have no idea why. It's a distracting eyesore that I would like to banish forever.

Thanks.

Comments

• vadercomplex
    vadercomplex

Hey @R_Panda! Thanks for your patience! I've shared this with the team! 

Just for some background detail, have you already tried a different browser and/or clearing cache and cookies? 

Obsidian Portal Support Druid | [email protected]

• thaen
    thaen

Hey @R_Panda!

The Custom JavaScript notification is tied to a cookie on your device. It's unaffected by whether the JavaScript has been changed or not.

Did you clear your cookies on your device? Or are you on a new/different device than the one where you originally set it up?

In either case, you can go to your Profile, scroll down to Favorites (Campaigns), click the "manage" icon, find your specific Campaign in the list (or Campaigns ... since it looks like you have 2 that are using Custom JavaScript) and click the "Allow Custom JavaScript" link next to the Campaign's name. Then next time you visit that Campaign, the notification should be gone.

So, you need to do this for each device where you don't want to see the notification.

I totally understand that this is annoying. I want to make some changes to the feature so that this is done by account and not by device, so it wouldn't matter if you cleared your cookies or were on a new/different device, but I haven't gotten there yet. The Custom JavaScript is not used by many of the GMs, so it's hard to justify putting time into changing it when it works already (although is clunky) ... and that dev time could be used on other features/bugs that affect many more of the members.

Your idea to auto-allow for the GM sounds like a good one too!

Let us know if you run into any issues or have any questions!

Obsidian Portal Developer