Setting Text Resizing throughout Page

AlfmarchesGM

Hello!

THe OP Page for our campaign is looking great for what we want on PC, but on mobile we've been having a few hiccups. The main one is how big the text is on the screen - we'd rather the text scaled down to size with mobile options (by width, perhaps?) instead of staying a fixed size.

An example to illustrate, using a middle/low-end smartphone but that illustrates the issue we've had:

Is there a way to make this work for the whole campaign page? Thanks.

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Disclaimer ... I'm not great at CSS, so maybe one of the others around here can give better ideas.  That said ...

https://alfmarches.obsidianportal.com/custom_css

https://alfmarches.obsidianportal.com/wikis/spell-rulings

It looks like there is a @media line for font-size 3.75vw in your Custom CSS.  Try changing that to 2.75vw in your Custom CSS?  When I did that in the Chrome Developer Tools, it made all of the text smaller in the "mobile" view.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• AlfmarchesGM

@thaen That one is actually the solution! I was trying to find a way to delete this post a few days ago. 

This CSS section:

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) and (orientation: portrait) {
    body {
    font-size: 3.75vw;
    }
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) and (orientation: landscape) {
    body {
    font-size: 3.9vh;
    }
    }

Is what solved it for my case. We use a lot of headings and they were taking half the screen! Tinkered with it along with my players and found these were what helped us get to the look we wanted on mobile.

• thaen
    thaen

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing that knowledge!

Obsidian Portal Developer