help using carousel

Frak_Lou_Elmo
Frak_Lou_Elmo

Hello!

I have yet to use the carousel featuer and I can't seem to get ti to work. When in a new wiki page I click the option, i get this:

Is this normal? Clicking any of the "carousel options" does nothing so I am unsure where to insert my pictures. I am using Google Chrome.

Cheers,

Frak

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Looks like something is off there. The options header is showing multiple times in that image.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • thaen
    thaen

Interesting.  Looks like a bug with "Carousel" and "Media Library Sub-Folders".

The work around is to do it manually...

Add 2 images to your top level Media Library.  Then those images will show up when you use the Carousel button.

Select those two images and then insert the Carousel.  That will give you the textile of the Carousel along with examples of how the images can be put into the textile.

Then you can use the Image Embed button to insert all the images you actually want into the page, and then copy/paste those each into their own line like this:

[slideshow-content] [IMAGE YOU WANT IN THE CAROUSEL] [end-slideshow-content]

After that you can delete those images from you Media Library again as they were just there to give it something to populate the Carousel with.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or doesn't work.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• thaen
    thaen

Awesome!!

Happy to!

• JayDoubleA
    JayDoubleA

Is there a way to caption the carousel images short of turning js off, ripping the html, adding the captions and then pasting back into the edit page panel?

• JayDoubleA
    JayDoubleA

When I put the link/caption in, it does a weird thing where it displays all the links vertically, then moves to the image once oyu hit a scroll button.

• thaen
    thaen

@JayDoubleA, can you post an example page of the issue you're seeing?

• JayDoubleA
    JayDoubleA

Sure.

https://inovertheirheads.obsidianportal.com/  - expand the accordion at "Hero Forge Models".

Even without links or any additional text, it starts off as a blank slide (just the dots) and doesn't kick in until an arrow button is clicked. As in screenshot, below.

Markup for this is:

[slideshow]
    [slideshow-content] [[File:1258383 | class=media-item-align-none | 280802005_579805830087787_1946262335994708914_n.png]] [end-slideshow-content]
    [slideshow-content] [[File:1258172 | class=media-item-align-none | 282632258_364278489016736_5561470902988085088_n.png]] [end-slideshow-content]
    [slideshow-content] [[File:1258157 | class=media-item-align-none | 283243102_5256994354357838_3323296639420303907_n.png]] [end-slideshow-content]
    [slideshow-content] [[File:1258379 | class=media-item-align-none | 283321358_1034077357477011_1990241367069693783_n.png]] [end-slideshow-content]
    [slideshow-content] [[File:1258365 | class=media-item-align-none | 283813409_343289461207697_7435881292718714095_n.png]] [end-slideshow-content]
    [slideshow-content] [[File:1258388 | class=media-item-align-none | Nal.png]] [end-slideshow-content]
    [slideshow-content] [[File:1258190 | class=media-item-align-none | Screenshot_2022-05-25_22.42.23.png]] [end-slideshow-content]
    [slideshow-options] true | 3 | 1 | 300 | false | false | 2000 | false [end-slideshow-options]
    [end-slideshow]
    Post edited by JayDoubleA on

• thaen
    thaen

@JayDoubleA, well, I have good news and bad news.  : ) 

The good news is that it worked right off the bat for me when I opened the accordion ... so at least some people are seeing your Campaign as you intended. 

The bad news is I don't know why it didn't work for you (and/or who else it's not working for).  So, now we're into debug mode ... time to look at the differences between the setups. 

What browser are you using?  I'm using Chrome.

If you are also using Chrome, can you open the Console (right click anywhere on the page, choose Inspect, and then in the panel, choose the Console tab), and see if there are any errors shown when you refresh the page?

Post edited by thaen on

• JayDoubleA
    JayDoubleA

Also using chrome. No errors in the console. And sometimes it flicks from the bad, links only view to the initial slide. Sometimes it doesn't.

JS is a weird, weird beast! What file is the carousel's JS in? I can take a look and see if I sot anything trying to step through it. Unless it's horribly minified and obfuscated, in which case I'd probably rather chew off my own leg.

Post edited by JayDoubleA on

• thaen
    thaen

"JS is a weird, weird beast!" - Agreed!

In the Sources tab ... top / inovertheirheads.obsidianportal.com / assets

In there the first file is "application-[a bunch of characters].js".

Make sure to click the "{}" down at the bottom near the "Line" and "Column".  That will format it so it's readable and easier to step through.

Then, I think you're looking for:

e.fn.slick =

function initializeSelectableJs() {
    $("body").hasClass("enable-selectable-js") && ($(".op_carousel.slider").each(function() {
    $(this).slick($(this).data("options"))
    }),

• JayDoubleA
    JayDoubleA

Thanks.

I'll get my work head on sometime in the next couple of days and see what I can figure out. If anything.