Making user-defined fields/dynamically created fields editable

neqis
neqis

I'm working on some DSTs that allow players to create some fields while editing the sheet. Since the fields can be dynamically created, they don't exist when the sheet is first loaded. Consequently, the field editor isn't connected to them (clicking on what should be an editable field has no effect). For fields created after page load, how can they be made editable by the sheet field editor? I could hook up my own editor, but would rather not add a module that replicates existing behavior.

Comments

• neqis
    neqis

I think I found it after digging around in Jp12x's "nWoD RELOADED!" sheet. The globally accessible aisleten.characters has two methods, bindField(fieldName, containerId, slug) and bindAllFields(slug, containerId) that set up editable fields.

Post edited by neqis on
  • thaen
    thaen

You might also take a look at "Kallak's Pathfinder 2E (mobile/tablet friendly)" DST.

https://www.obsidianportal.com/dynamic_sheet_templates/374

It has some dynamically added sections.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• neqis
    neqis

Thank you for the suggestion. That looks to use ChainsawXIV's library, which has its own editor. I may go that direction at some point, but for now bindField meets my requirement.

• thaen
    thaen

Awesome!  Glad you have a solution!

Obsidian Portal Developer