Changing Character Link Color

Leonidas300
Leonidas300

I've seen where some folks have been able to do this but I have been unable to duplicate. Can someone tell me how to do it?

Comments

• Abersade
    Abersade

If you are meaning that you want to change the character link names in the character page to a specific color, the following code should work (just change the color to whichever you want).

.character-index.campaign-public-layout .title a {color: gold;}

If you'd like the color changed everywhere BUT the character page use the following code, just keep in mind that because it uses the !important tag there may be a more nuanced approach.

.wiki-content-link {color: gold !important;}

If you want both just use:

.wiki-content-link, .character-index.campaign-public-layout .title a {color: gold !important;}

If this isn't what you are looking for please go into a bit more detail about what it is that you want changed.

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub

• Leonidas300
    Leonidas300

Abersade, thanks for the comment. What I'm trying to do is in the adventure log, there is the ability to insert a character link that when you mouse over the link it shows a pic of the character. The link color is baby blue which does not show up well on my adventure log background. I'm trying to change that link color while retaining the mouse over function. I've see a couple other campaigns do this but am unable to pull the code using the inspect function.

• Abersade
    Abersade

The second option in the link above should work for your purposes, just keep in mind that it changes the character names on all pages that aren't the character list page, not just in the adventure logs.

GM of Stream of Kairos

• Abersade
    Abersade

In case anyone is looking for it, here's an improved bit of CSS that only affects character links in relation to adventure logs, so within the list of adventure logs and within the adventure logs themselves. All other pages are unaffected.

.adventure-log-index .wiki-content-link {color: black !important;}
    .adventure-log-show .wiki-content-link {color: black !important;}

GM of Stream of Kairos

• Leonidas300
    Leonidas300

Abersade - Thank you, that last code you put in worked like a charm

• Abersade
    Abersade

You are quite welcome. I've been on more of a CSS kick lately and picked up a few new-to-me methods. Glad it's helpful.

GM of Stream of Kairos