Grouping for NPCs

SSveter
SSveter
edited November 2009 in Feature Requests

Comments

• SSveter
    SSveter
    I want to group NPCs on the page not just in whatever order.
  • jdcengel
    jdcengel
    This would be very helpful to me as well. I am currently using my wiki to create a list of NPCs in chronological order instead of alphabetical. Being able to just use the NPC Tracker would assist me tremendously.

Also, being able to filter by more than one tag on the NPC tracker would be helpful as well.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    For now, yeah the grouping is left to you and your l33t coding skills. We've got alot of requests and we're burning the oil late into the night, so we'll get to it when we can! Still, a great suggestion. Thanks!

Good Gaming,
    AutumnsChild(dan)
  • jdcengel
    jdcengel
    No pressure. Thank you for all your hard work.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Thanks for using Obsidian Portal!

And seriously, when you have good suggestions, let us know!

Good Gaming,
    AutumnsChild(dan)
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    I agree that grouping for NPCs would be useful. Until an official feature is available, you may consider creating an NPC "index page" in your wiki that lists them by group. I have been meaning to do just that with my NPCs, but haven't yet. I _did_, however, do something similar with my adventure log by creating "a wiki page":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-westerlands/wikis/the-adventure-so-far that breaks down our game sessions by adventure. Basically, it just creates an index for the already existant adventure log feature.

I know my players really like the latter feature, because it helps them with their sense of continuity between sessions.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Wow gnunn,

Your campaign looks great! I really like that you've gone all out with the code there. Have you thought about making a forum post about all the personal modifications you've made? I think the community could really benefit from it. Hell, if you throw in some how tos, I'll be happy to throw you a few months of Ascendant Level membership for your troubles!
  • gnunn
    gnunn
    I would be happy to work up some how-tos! I could probably whip one up on the navigation sidebar and/or table-creation that I use a lot to bring a bit of flashiness and ease of reading to my pages. I was actually thinking about doing just that anyway.
  • autumnschild
    autumnschild
    Well, send me a message when you make the new forum post (in Help and Tips) and I'll hook you up with 3 Ascendant level month!