1,000 years later 1 guy does what Erin did twice in less then 8 years. How upset would he be?

marshalljames1
edited April 2022 in General Discussion

For a laugh I've decided that 1,000 years after Aleita's time 1 guy does what Erin did twice in less then 8 years. How would he feel?. Here's a lot more info

Basically its set of in the same world but half way across the planet, theirs 2 neighboring countries that both suffered the loss of their entire Royal Families, they think, but 1 3 month old girl was left from both Royal Families

As both countries chancellors are very good friends they put the 2 3 month old girls in the same lower-middle orphanage in a 3rd country that distrusts their 2 countries

After all who in their right mind would look for the last living member of The Royal Families of 2 different countries in the same lower-middle orphanage in a 3rd country that distrusts both of their countries

The idea being that neither girls enemies would ever look for them their because they'd figure the 2 countries chancellors would never be daft enough to put 2 3 month old girls their so they'd never look their,

But the brilliant part is the 2 countries chancellors knew the bad guys would think that, which means its the only place to put 2 3 month old girls that's 100% safe

The 2 girls never get adopted, the 2 countries chancellors never allow it, deeming that even though the risk that someone may for some reason suspect who they are and use magic to prove it is minute they won't chance it

The male who takes Erins mistake then doubles it somehow manages to fall in love with both girls, separately, over a space of only 78 years, the 1st started around the time the 3 were 14.5 years and the 2nd  started around the time the 3 were 22.3 years old but both times he leaves them because of pressure from his parents to marry A Noble, after all unlike Aleita those 2 weren't even nobility by adoption

Now imagine the look on his face when on his 24th birthday that he ditched 2 different young females that he genuinely loved and and wanted to be simply because of pressure from his parents to marry A Noble, after all unlike Aleita those 2 weren't even nobility by adoption, both turned out to be their actual homelands rightful princess and new queen

Post edited by marshalljames1 on

Comments

• marshalljames1

Spotted several mistakes. Sorry. Here's the corrected version

For a laugh I've decided that 1,000 years after Aleita's time 1 guy does what Erin did twice in less then 8 years. How would he feel?. Here's a lot more info

Basically its set of in the same world but 1,000 years later and half way across the planet, theirs 2 neighboring countries that both suffered the loss of their entire Royal Families, they think, but 1 3 month old girl was left from both Royal Families

As both countries chancellors are very good friends they put the 2 3 month old girls in the same lower-middle orphanage in a 3rd country that distrusts both of their countries

After all who in their right mind would look for the last living member of The Royal Families of 2 different countries in the same lower-middle orphanage in a 3rd country that distrusts both of their countries

The idea being that neither girls enemies would ever look for them their because they'd figure the 2 countries chancellors would never be daft enough to put 2 3 month old girls their so they'd never look their,

But the brilliant part is the 2 countries chancellors knew the bad guys would think that, which means its the only place to put 2 3 month old girls that's 100% safe

The 2 girls never get adopted, the 2 countries chancellors never allow it, mainly because they decide  that even though the risk that someone may for some reason suspect who they are and use magic to prove it is almost none existant they won't chance it

The male who takes Erins mistake then doubles it somehow manages to fall in love with both girls, separately, over a space of only 7.8 years, the 1st started around the time the 3 were 14.5 years and the 2nd started around the time the 3 were 22.3 years old but both times he leaves them because of pressure from his parents to marry A Noble, after all unlike Aleita those 2 weren't even nobility by adoption

Now imagine the look on his face when on his 24th birthday he learns that the 2 different young females that he genuinely loved and and wanted to be with but ditched simply because of pressure from his parents to marry A Noble, after all unlike Aleita those 2 weren't even nobility by adoption, both turned out to be their actual homelands rightful princess and new queen

• marshalljames1

Can I have some suggestions please?

• thaen
    thaen

Can you give some context?  Is this part of a Campaign?  What's the goal of determining his reaction here ... how will that reaction then be used?  That would help to determine potential suggestions.  Also probably depends on how he broke up with each of the girls.  The 1st girl is probably pretty pissed if he broke up with her because she was common ... and then he went on to date her friend who was also common.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• marshalljames1
    On the subject of how pissed the 1st girl is about him breaking up with her because she was common, and then he then went on to date her friend who was also common I'm guessing that she knew it was because of his parents, which is why she, later they, would be more understanding then Aleita was 1,000 years earlier, after all she never knew that he genuinely loved her and that he only left her because he wasn't brave enough to defy his parents

As for context and it being a part of a campaign it will be part of a campaign in a way, by that I mean that this happened roughly 440 years before the campaign starts, which means that Aleita's time was roughly 1,440 years ago, and in modern times most people regard them as fairy tales about romance that went wrong, the main difference is that unlike real life fairy tales these actually did happen

• thaen
    thaen

Got it.  In that case, one suggestion might be ...

If this is still remembered by the society as something that has happened 3 times now in their history, then maybe the "moral of the story" for society is that the nobles should follow their heart and marry lower-born.  So the effect is that nobles marry "down" often.  And the commoners like this, so the commoners that retell the story (fairy tale) would make it more painful for the noble in the story.  So regardless of how the girls really reacted back 400 years or 1400 years ago, in the stories, the girls probably react with grace and acceptance (because the commoners telling the story would want to put them in a good light), but the noble in the story would probably suffer lots of bad luck after breaking off the relationships and that would eventually end with the end of his house/line.  The message being that if a noble falls in love with a commoner, the noble better marry the commoner, or the noble will be cursed with bad luck and the end of their family/line/house.  Maybe there's a very ignoble death for the noble at the end too to really drive the point home.

• marshalljames1
    I've had 3 thoughts. What do you think?

The 1st is that initially the country it happened in 1,000 years after Aleita's time was on the other side of the world from the 1 it happened in during Aleita's time but because of how hard it would be to justify a country on the other side of the world from Aleita's having the same hatred of Commoners marrying Nobility, or heaven forbid royalty, that Aleita's country did 1,000 years ago I think it would be both easier and better if I change it so that it happens the same country that it happened in during Aleita's time

The 2nd is that since it will how happens the same country that it happened in during Aleita's time maybe I should change is so that times have changed, meaning all Nobility will tolerate very wealthy Commoners marrying the heir of A moderately senior Noble Family and roughly 43% of The Nobility will tolerate Commoners that are very well off marrying A Noble from A Minor Family that has at least 3 people between him or her and their families titles but none will tolerate any commoner, marrying the heir of A Senior Noble Family, sadly if the countries prime minister was A Commoner they wouldn't allow he/she to marry the heir of A Senior Noble Family

The 3rd is that I said that its happened 3 times now in their history but in my opinion it will be both easier and better if I change it so that it has happened roughly 40 to 50 times in their history but the 3 occasions I've mentioned are the only 1's that the commoners found out about
  • thaen
    thaen

All sounds good to me ... though your opinion is the only one that counts.  : )