What would Aleita do to her ex boyfriend in a what-if she wasn't returned Campaign idea?

marshalljames1
edited March 2022 in General Discussion

As a follow on, of sorts, to my what would Aleita do to her former adopted parents upon learning that she's the countries rightful queen question what would Aleita do to her ex boyfriend upon learning that she's the rightful queen in a what-if she wasn't returned Campaign idea?

The idea is that 3 years after she was returned to the orphanage in the original campaign, but not this, but her parents she still have/technically had, a baby girl whose now 3 and she's very intelligent for her age, she met and fell in love with the biological son of another noble

I will admit that I've decided that they were definitely both due to be born on the day but I haven't yet decided if they actually were both born born on the day

For roughly 15 months they had a on and off relationship that was romantic but not, yet, sexual, I've decided that she fell in love with him within 5 weeks and he fell in love with her within 5 months, sadly it never lasted

He met the biological daughter of another noble and even though he didn't love her he left Aleita, heartbroken again but for a different and, better for her adopted parents, reason, and him and his new lover got married just under 4 years later

I've decided that it will be very amusing, for me, to have the guy learn that the lover that he rejected and broke the heart of just under 4 years prior is the countries rightful and new queen during the lavish feast that always follows the wedding of A Noble or Nobles that can afford it

Compare the differences to what people think Aleita have and was and what her ex boyfriends new love, who loves him but he didn't, doesn't and will likely never love him, had and is and you'll see why he he did what he did

Aleita seemed to be a orphaned commoner whose parents are complete unknowns that was adopted by A Baroness and The Baron she married and now that her adopted parents have a biological daughter she'll likely get nothing

Even if she gets something her adopted parents have no land, no property other then the manor house they live in and have little respect, little power, little influence or little money and its almost guaranteed that most of the little bit of money they have will be used up caring for Aleita for at least another 4 years and their biological daughter for at least another 14 years

On the other hand his new lover is A Noble by birth, her father is A Minor Earl, her mother is A  Senior Viscountess,  they have hundreds of acres of lands, over 1,000 properties, 8 Summer Homes, 4 Winter Homes, 4 Manors House's, 1 Castle, 100,000 Gold in cash, 60,000 in Valuables and A Investment worth 36,730 Gold that net them 3,270 Gold A Year

As cruel a choice as it was it at the time it looked to him like it was both the perfect choice and the most logical choice, sadly at the time as far as everyone involved knew it was both the perfect choice and the most logical choice and I freely admit it

The reason way it seemed like and was the perfect and most logical choice is because this way any children they have will be Minor Earls and/or Minor Earless, the 1/1s's that don't inherit their mothers title will still get the rank, and he and his wife could have had up to 4 Children and still give 1 title to each, 4 title being his parents 2 and his wife's parents 2

Now imagine the look on his face when he learns that the women, who at the time was a child, that he both rejected and broke the heart of turns out to be the countries rightful and new queen and that his children could have been Princes and/or Princess's but now they will only(?) be Minor Earls and/or Minor Earless and like I said the 1/1''s that don't inherit their mothers title would have still get the rank

Post edited by marshalljames1 on

Comments

• marshalljames1

Some ideas. Please

• thaen
    thaen

I'm not sure I would expect her to do anything.  If they were on again off again, it probably wasn't going to work out, and she probably realized that, once she had some distance from it, and she might even be thankful that she was able to see his true colors before he had a good reason to hide them ... like her being declared queen.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• marshalljames1
    Thanks again

As another what-if what if he truly did love her but eventually his parents put so much peer pressure on him that he gave in and left her, kind of how like in Harry Potter Bellatrix always loved Voldemort and never loved her husband but she went ahead with the marriage because as she's from The House of Black it was what she was expected to do

The inspiration for that is the relationship between Hermione Granger and Theodore Nott in a very good time travel based harry potter fan fiction, the 2nd and 3rd biggest differences are that Theodore's dad either is already starting to become or within the next 30 months with start to become a semi-insane tyrant and that Theodore was with Hermione long enough for her to get pregnant with twins

The biggest difference is that Theodore always loved her but in order to stop his father murdering Hermione and the twins Theo decided the only way to keep them safe from his father was for him to pretend that he never had and never would love her, that it was a drunk one night stand and slandered her in every paper that would print it
  • thaen
    thaen

I'm kind of a "true love above all" kind of guy, so in that scenario, I would expect him to give up his claim on his inheritance, run off with the girl, and depend on his skills/wits/tenacity to make a life for them together, instead of giving in to his parents.

• marshalljames1
    Thanks again

In that case what would his parents think when the girl that he ran away with who seemed to be A Common Born Orphan that was adopted by nobles turns out to be the countries rightful and new queen who was hidden were she was hidden to protect her from those that had murdered her parents and before she was even 5 months old had tried to murder her?
  • thaen
    thaen

If he had to run away to keep the relationship because the parents disapproved, then they are probably the kind of parents that are concerned with appearances.  So, when an opportunity arose for them to improve their appearances from the situation, I'd expect them to jump on it.  I could see them acting as if they knew all along that she was the future queen, and they were just playing their part in keeping the princess/future-queen safe.  I mean, they couldn't bring her into their lives ... it would have made people suspicious and look too closely at the hiding future queen.  The son would then have to decide if he lets their ruse go, or if he maybe freezes them out of the royal circles.  Maybe he literally freezes them out by making them ambassadors to some frozen northern country and tells them to stay there full time.

• marshalljames1

Now that we've established what Aleita would do and think in this situation why don't you give suggestions for what Erin, the name I've given the ex, would do and think in this situation when he learns that the girl he loved but ended up ditching for a women he never loved  whose family had several times the power, wealth and infuence that his Ex's does upon learning that Aleitas the rightful and new queen

In case your wondering were I got Erins name from he's from The Series of Code Lyoko Dreams I had 11 years ago, in the dream's he's Aleita's Time Travelling Son and I gave the women he ditched Aleita for the name Erina, she's also from The Series of Code Lyoko Dreams I had 11 years ago and in them she's Erins younger twin sister

• thaen
    thaen

If Erin left Aleita because she was a commoner, and then he finds out she's a queen, then he could just take it as "bad luck" or as the universe taunting him.  In that case, he probably wouldn't do very much different than his life before she became queen.  He might maybe try to avoid drawing the attention of the queen though, depending on how cruel he was in the breakup.

On the other hand, he could take the realization that he was with a queen that he cared about, and he gave her up for status, as a lesson from the universe that he should stick to what his heart wants and ignore status.  And then he could leave his wife and the life that he doesn't find satisfying and strike out in to a life of adventure!

• marshalljames1
    I've got a 3-part question about a earlier post were you said you would expect him to give up his claim on his inheritance, run off with the girl, and depend on his skills/wits/tenacity to make a life for them together, instead of giving in to his parents

The 1st part of that question is if that did happen then how easy or how hard would it be for Lord Xanna, the 1 that knows and can prove beyond all doubt who and what Aleita really is, to keep track of were she is, what she's doing, how she's doing and, if need be, protect her?

After all in order to avoid the wrath of Erins parents Erin and Aleita will have to stay on the move, were possible stay in remote area's and when, not if, they settle down they'd have to settle down in a very remote area

The 2nd part of that question is if that did happen then as a result of Erins actions his parents would disown him without hesitation, so what would happen when his parents realize that their daughter-in-law, who they hate, revile, despise, publicly disrespect and publicly slander, is actually the rightful and new queen and their son is The King-Consort

The 3rd part of that question is if that did happen when Erins parents realize that their actions almost resulted in their Grandchildren only(?) holding The rank/ranks of Viscount and/or Viscountess, but now their grandchild will hold the rank/ranks or Prince and/or Princess

In case your wondering when I say they'd all hold the rank/ranks I mean that regardless of who their mother is they'd all inherit the rank/ranks of their mother, but only the oldest would inherit their mothers title
  • thaen
    thaen

"how hard would it be for Lord Xanna, the 1 that knows who Aleita really is, to keep track of were she is and protect her?"

Not sure?  If you're the GM, then you can decide if that's an interesting enough situation to make an issue out of it, or you can just decide that Xanna's people can easily follow them.

For question 2 and 3, I think the above comment about "If he had to run away to keep the relationship because the parents disapproved" covers that scenario.

• marshalljames1

I've had a idea. What do you think?

Since Lord Xanna is the 1 that knows and can prove beyond all doubt who and what Aleita really is, has secetely protected her for,. by the time of the relationship starts, almost 13 and a half years and only ever does what he thinks is best for her why not make use of that?

By which I mean have Lord Xanna find out whether or not Erins parents can be trusted enough to know that Aleita's real family is a lot more powerful then, depending on the title holders gender, A Minor Viscount or Viscountess, without revealing that Aleita's real family is the royal family, and that allowing and even encouraging the relationship is in theirs, their sons and Aleita's best interests

In case your wondering no matter how trustworthy Erins parents are Lord Xanna would never reveal to them that Aleita's real family is the royal family

In case your wondering why its because Xanna would be worried about the possibilitty that no matter how loyal or trustworthy Erins parents appear to be if things get really desperate theirs a chance they'd sell Aleita's secret to Aleita's enemies and even though the chance is almost none existant Lord Xanna wouldn't take the risk

• thaen
    thaen

Yeah, that could work.