What would Aleita do to her former adopted parents upon learning shes the countries rightful queen?

marshalljames1
edited March 2022 in General Discussion

I've had Idea for A DAD Character for a mates campaign, its a different mate, and I want a opinion, What would Aleita do to her former adopted parents upon learning shes the countries rightful queen?

Its inspired by Aleita's, and she's even got the same name, True Heritage from A Fan Made Code Lyoko Story set in A Alternate Universe were Lyoko's A Real Kingdom, Xanna's its chancellor, and in the story but not this RPG Idea the main villain, and Aleita is Lyoko's missing and long presumed dead former princess and now rightful queen

The Idea is that she was found on A Orphanages Doorstep at only 6 weeks old, at 8 months old A Couple of Landless Nobles, as in they only owned their title, that thought they couldn't have kids adopted her and their plan was that eventually they'd use A Limited Wish Spell to give her their blood, that way their families bloodline didn't die out

Skip forward 10 years, 4 months to Aleita's 11th birthday were her adopted mother whose been feeling unwell gets back home with the news she's pregnant, they were wrong and they can have kids

Those 2 are evil, they cancel her 11th birthday party, confiscate her presents, confiscate anything they don't think A Common Born Orphan should have and send her back to the orphanage

To be cruelly accurate her adopted father got the news at 11.53AM, she was back at the orphanage by 12.26PM and she was officially a orphan again by 12.48PM

Skip forward 7 years to the day after Aleita's 18th birthday The Orphanage is preparing to turn her away, they have to,  which means she will be on the streets, when Earl Xanna, who I've changed from the 1 that killed her parents and tried to kill her to the 1 that saved her, turns up at The Orphanages Door

He reveals that Aleita is  the countries rightful queen and that he's the 1 that almost 18 years ago saved her from Chancellor Jim, who I've changed from the 1 that saved her to the 1 that killed her parents and tried to kill her

What do you Aleita will do the her former adopted parents who upon learning her mother was pregnant canceled her 11th birthday party, confiscate her presents, confiscate anything they don't think A Common Born Orphan should have and send her back to the orphanage?

I'll be honest and admit that saying that whatever Aleita does to her former adopted parents is likely to be unpleasant is a bigger understatement then saying that The temperature on The Elemental Plain of Fire is hot

But regardless of what Aleita does, or doesn't, do to her former adopted parents she won't do anything to their daughter, I made their heir A Girl because Aleita may have been angry to kill a male heir but she would never be angry enough to kill a female heir

After all her adopted parents biological daughter wasn't even born until 7 months after she was sent back to the orphanage and she isn't even 7 yet, besides even if the girl child she was rejected in favor of was alive at the time it happened she would have been too young to have played any part in it

Who knows she may even show how wise and benevolent she is by honoring the love her former adopted parents once showed her by reducing their punishment from the normal punishment of a slow, painful, agonizing death to life means life

I may even have Aleita go as far as to arrange for her former adopted parents biological daughter to be adopted by The Countries most Minor Baroness, who really can't have kids

This way Aleita ensures that her former adopted parents biological daughter has a even better life then she had before her adopted mother learned she was pregnant and would still have had if her former adopted parents weren't such scum

Post edited by marshalljames1 on

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Why did the nobles adopt a daughter and plan to give her their blood?  Wouldn't their name then die out as soon as she was married?  If they had this option at all, why not choose a male heir?  (Daughters are great ... I'm just looking at this from the story perspective.)

Depending on what kind of queen Aleita wants to be, she could show mercy to the people that cared for her for 10 years.  All the other families in the area didn't come to adopt her for the 8 years after that ... so her adopted parents seem cruel, but they did more than the other families in the area did.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• marshalljames1
    Their plan, before finding out that they could have kids, wasn't giving her their blood as such rather its using A Limited Wish Spell to ensure that even though she isn't their biological daughter their bloodline will live on in her

As for why they didn't choose to adopt a boy I've decided that their the only living noble family, the only 1 in the last 540 years, 1 of only 4 in the last 2,727 years and 1 of only 11 in her/their homelands 6,039 year history that care more about their bloodline then the family name

Make no mistake they did think about getting a boy but as they cared more about their bloodline then the family name they weren't fussy

I'm even thinking of making it similiar to how I choose my 1st budgie, meaning that they didn't care about gender, age, health or appearance, rather they choose a baby they liked the look of and thought they'd love, but they didn't find 1 they wanted until the 6th orphanage they visited

You said depending on what kind of queen Aleita wants to be, she could show mercy to the people that cared for her for 10 years

I'm planning to have her give them live means life rather then death, maybe 10 to 12 years down the line she'll have forgiven them and release them, and no matter what she'll give their 6.4 year old daughter to a noble family that genuinely can't have kids and she'll have a great life because her new family is even wealthier then the girls biological parents, who are Aleita's former adopted parents, are

In case your wondering I will admit that despite what I';m planning to have her do to them it is still a lot more merciful then they'd have got from any other king or queen in history
  • marshalljames1

What do you think about the fact that the only reason I decided to make the child Aleita was abandoned in favor of female is because Aleita may have been angry enough to have a male child killed but she would never have been angry enough to have a female child killed?

• thaen
    thaen

It's an interesting idea, but I don't actually understand Aleita's reasoning there.  The male or female child didn't have any choice in the matter, so male or female, it doesn't make sense to punish the child?

• marshalljames1
    I was thinking that when she learnt what she really was, could have had, should have and had missed out on started to sink in their would be a period of roughly 20 minutes we she'd be angrier then she's ever been and will ever be

But because she A Girl herself, because she doesn't become A Adult till her 19th birthday/her next birthday but you can be A Queen at 15, their are things that in the mood she would do to a boy that she'd never do if she was thinking clearly but she would never do to A Fellow Girl
  • marshalljames1
    1 idea I've just had is to both reward them for the care they once showed her and punish them for sending her back to the orphanage at the same time. What do you think?

The reward part is promoting her former adopted parents to the position of A slightly more senior then normal none land owning Baroness and her Husband to most minor land owning Baroness and her Husband in The Country

The punishment bit is that she makes their 6 year, 10 month, 1 week, 2 day old daughter The 3rd most minor Baron or Baroness in The Country and makes her 42 year old former adopted parents very minor Vassals to their own 6 year, 10 month, 1 week, 2 day old daughter, which means that 2 42 year old's have to take orders from their own daughter, who isn't even 7
  • thaen
    thaen

Ha!  That's an interesting twist.

Is there something she could do to help the other children that are not getting adopted from the orphanages?  Could other noble houses that adopt a child also be given some benefit?  The danger would be that the adopted child would be seen only as a way to get the benefit and not treated well otherwise, so there might need to be something where the adopted child on their 18th birthday gets to decide if their adopted parents should receive the benefit or not.

• marshalljames1
    Another great idea but theirs 1 thing you've overlooked and I've got a question

The thing you've overlooked is that in this country you don't become a adult until your 19th birthday, so the adopted child would make the decision on their 19th birthday not their 18th birthday

My question is that no matter how well they treat their adopted child if the child has a fatal accident then despite how well they've treated him or her the adopted parents would get nothing, how's that fair?

To put it another way even in the real word genuine accidents do genuinely happen and the real worlds medical technology is far more advanced so something could happen that would kill a child in the world the story takes place in that wouldn't kill him or her in real life

So what would happen if the child gets killed by a genuine accident shortly before his or her 19th birthday?, after all his or her adopted parents would get nothing even though they've technically but not legally already earned the full benefits and rewards

1 way may be using several Detect Lie Spells to determine that they treated their adopted child well or even very well and even though the child died shortly before he or she turned 19 his or her adopted parents still deserve the full benefits and rewards
  • thaen
    thaen

Detect Lie could work, but as soon as one noble is caught trying to game the system, the next noble trying to do it would try to find a way around Detect Lie.  Plausible deniability?

If I was the queen, I'd say they don't get the reward if the child dies, full stop.  It would just give them one more incentive to take good care of the child ... and train and teach the child.  It might even give them an incentive to adopt multiple children if they really want to make sure they get at least one reward.

I'd also say, if these are noble families, then the cost of adding one more person to their household (the adopted child) is really not significant to them, so they don't really need to be "compensated" for the cost of caring for the child for the years it was alive.  It's a very minor risk they are taking in order to potentially gain the offered reward.

• marshalljames1
    I've a thought

What if 1 possible ;reward can only be given to a adopting family has relatives, which could be nieces, nephew or if the nobles and their child were both parents at a young age even grandkids, that wouldn't normally get a inheritance then that relative doesn't get a title but they get a investment that will earn them a decent lump sum per year

Another idea is that if the treatment you give the child, or children if you can afford 2, who could even be twins, is better then the minimum amount of care that you are legally obliged to give him or her then your reward goes up, 1 idea being that if the treatment he/she got was 15% above the minimum your reward would by 15% +half again or 22.5% higher then normal
  • marshalljames1

1 thought I've had is that since The Adopted Child can't leave their adopted before their 19 but A Girl could get pregnant at 16 and the baby could survive at 8 months, so the adopted child could be a mother at only 16 years, 8 months, so how likely is it that her adopted parents have or be given or be offered a financial incentive to help their adopted child, who could potentially not even be 17, help raise her child, assuming she doesn't miscarry or have it adopted, or even adopt their none biological grandchild

1 thought I've had on that is that even if is no chance of a reward to adopt their none biological grandchild if the adopted parents, who if they do adopt their none biological grandchild are also adopted grandparents, the babies adopted grandparents may do it simply because its the right thing to do, but they wouldn't say no to the the reward

Another thought on that is what if their adopted daughter has twins but they can only afford to look after the new mother and 1 of the 2 babies? or she has twins  but they can only afford to look after the new mother and 2 of the 3 babies?

• thaen
    thaen

If the original adopted child gets to determine when she is 19 whether or not the adopting parents get the reward, then the adopting parents will probably want to keep the 16 year old her happy and also take care of her children.

I would think there would be some "means testing" before allowing the adoption to happen in the first place to make sure that the noble family was actually able to easily afford taking care of the child.

• marshalljames1

Thanks

But when you said their would be some "means testing" before allowing the adoption to happen in the first place to make sure that the noble family was actually able to easily afford taking care of the child you didn't say if it was the adopted child or their almost 17 year old daughters child or children, I'm assuming you mean their almost 17 year old daughters child or children but I must know

You also didn't say what would happen if their 16 year old daughter had more more then 1 baby, for example twins, but they couldn't afford to look after all the babies, for example if it were twins but they can only afford to look after the new mother and 1 of the 2 babies

1 thing I did think of is to have Queen Aleita put a new law in place for just this type of situation

The new law for just this type of situation is that if the adopted 16 year old mother has reasonable grounds tto believe that her babies father is wealthy or a noble or both then theirs A Magical Version of A D:N:A  and if her babies father is wealthy or a noble or both then he must pay maintenance

The best thing about this type of situation is that the 16 year old wouldn't be able to live with her babies father until she's 19, unless of course her adopted parents died, and is old enough to leave her adopted parents, even then she doesn't have to

I'd also have Queen Aleita put 3 other new law's in place

The 1st means that if the father of the mothers children is his parents oldest child and he doesn't have any other children that are older then despite the child or children being illegitimate then the mothers child, or oldest child if it was twins or triplets, must inherit

The 2nd is that if the father of the mothers children doesn't want to take in his child or children and their mother, and he can't take in the child or children without also taking their mother in, then the childs or childrens mothers adopted parents must let her and her child or children live with them until she has a place to live that's safe stable and secure

The 3rd is that in the very unlikely event that theirs some kind of disaster that means the childs or childrens mothers adopted parents can't afford to look after them, very unlikely but it could happen, hen the father of the mothers child or children must take them in

• thaen
    thaen

The "means testing" was meant to cover all of the scenarios.  If the adopting parents are "easily" able to afford caring for the child for 19 years, then they should be able to also care for her 2 additional children for just 3 years.  I'm leaning heavily on the word "easily" here.  I'm thinking maybe 10x what it costs to raise a child so that there is no chance the child will be a financial burden on the noble family.  The whole idea here was to have families (nobles) that can easily afford to take in the orphans be incentivized to do that.

That seems like a lot of rules/laws ... but she's the Queen, so she can do what she likes.  : )

• marshalljames1
    Thanks again

I've got 2 other question

The 1st is that If the mothers adopted parents die before the child or children are born, their father is known but not proven and he acknowledges that as far as he knows he/she/they are definitely his and if the child or children's father, and his parents if their alive, are willing and can afford could he take her and his child or children in

In case your wondering in the situation I described the children's father wouldn't acknowledge that as as far as he knows he/she/they are definitely his unless he was willing to take the mother and his child or children in

Saying that though in this situation even though the father is willing to take the mother and his child or children in his parents, if their alive, may not be willing to take them in and even if they are willing to take them in they may be unable to afford to take them in

The 2nd is that if the mother has twins, but in this situation it must be twins and can't be 1 child or triplets, the father, who must be A Noble, both sets of parents, who are also grandparents now are willing and agree would it be allowed for the oldest twin to inherit the lands of his or her fathers biological family and for the younger twin to inherit the lands of his or her mothers adopted family
  • thaen
    thaen

I'm not sure I follow the scenarios totally, but this seems like a small enough edge case that the Queen can declare whatever she wants, or just not create a law for it at all and let them take it to a court (or back to the Queen herself) if anything like this ever happened.