Character sheet won’t save extra lines.

MattAdams
MattAdams

I pretty much just use my campaign tabs to save pc ideas and npcs for my home game. The problem I'm having is that one of my character sheets won't save extra lines for equipment and it won't save spells. I'm using the Pathfinder 1e system and I'm using the Pathfinder Character Sheet (second from the top.) It is just one character from what I can tell. I use the same sheet for everyone and haven't run into this before.

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

@MattAdams, thanks for bringing it up!  Can you share the url of the Character that's showing the issue?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks!  When I look at that character, I'm not seeing anything obvious that would be causing this.

Can you give me steps or a screenshot of what you're trying to do that's not working?

When it won't save ... is it acting like it's saving but the data is gone, or is it giving an error of some kind and not saving?

• MattAdams
    MattAdams

When I'm on the character sheet page and click the edit button, I get put on a page with a bunch of blue fields like normal. Normally areas like Feats or Abilities only have two fields and there is an add button to make more fields. However, after I make new fields and fill them in and save, the new fields disappear and they aren't there when I go back in to edit. I know I'm not hitting cancel by accident because the fields that had all ready there do save.

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for those details.  That helped a ton!

It looks like something odd happened during a Save and some of the data got duplicated in the database.  It's not clear what the "odd" thing might have been, but I doubt it's anything you did.  I have cleaned up the duplicate data, and it seemed to work for a test change that I Saved (and then undid).

Let me know if it's working for you now or not.

• MattAdams
    MattAdams

It's working now. Thank you. So it was just a weird glitch?

• thaen
    thaen

Excellent!  Yeah, just a weird glitch as far as I can tell.  If it happens again, let me know.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Yet another OP problem solved!   Great work!

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member