Advise for A Traveller GM that wants to be A Traveller Player

marshalljames1

For the last year or so I've been thinking about stopping being A GM for Traveller, among other RPG's, and on The 15/12/2,021 I decided to become A Player for Traveller, ideally Pirates of Drinax. But I have a big problem. How can I dig myself out of the crater, not hole, I've dug myself into?

The problem is that 8 days ago I joined a group and when they asked me if I'd previously been A Player I said no, which is true, but because I didn't want them to get the wrong impression about my intentions I didn't mention that I've been GM'ing Traveller since 2,013 and being GM'ing RPG's as a whole since 1,998

I mean I didn't lie because they didn't ask if I am or was A Traveller GM, but I didn't want to put them to by saying I was because I was afraid the wrong impression about my intentions, and I've known a lot of people that have lost or at the very least put off a lot of friends that way

Can you see my problem?, I panicked and said something that wasn't a lie but it also wasn't entirely truthful, I did  because I didn't know them well enough to know if they would or wouldn't except me and as a result of worrying about the possibility of them not excepting I've created a situation were they definitely won't except me

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

It is an honest mistake- come clean, and if they don't accept it it was not the right group in the first place.

Just trying to help out.