Character for DM and one player?

NimrodYanai
NimrodYanai

I am working with my players on NPCs from their characters' backgrounds.

We wanted to make some characters which are hidden from other players and are only visible to the DM and that specific player.

However, we can only see two options:

1. The players have an option to make a character "private", which makes the character's bio and full description hidden to others, but the character itself is still visible so everyone knows it's there.

2. The DM has a "DM only character" which makes it completely hidden to ALL players.

Is there a way to have a character visible only to the DM and one more player?

I tried having the character GM only but give the player control over it, but it was still invisible to them after I saved it.

Comments

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Maybe a generic title for the character page, like "PC 1 Secret" and "PC 2 Secret" with pertinent info only visible to the relevant player?

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• NimrodYanai
    NimrodYanai

I mean, sure, that can go around the problem...

But from the answer I assume that it's not possible with the current settings?

I guess I'll need to put in a request for it.

Thanks!

• thaen
    thaen

Right, with the current settings, it's not possible to restrict viewing of any pages to one or more specific Players.  The closest that currently exists is the Player Secrets, and the Private Character checkbox.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I heartily recommend use of the Player Secrets feature in campaigns.

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

We used the player secrets feature very heavily in https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com/ They were essential and very useful!

Just trying to help out.

• NimrodYanai
    NimrodYanai

I appreciate the suggestions, but the player secret still makes the character visible to others, and just hides some of the information.

What I am asking for is an option to hide the character completely for all but one player.

• thaen
    thaen

Noted!  I'll add it to the Feature Request list.  Thanks!

Obsidian Portal Developer