The first step is to admit you have a problem...

1235»

Comments

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

UselessTriviaMan

Man, I have really let this lag .

I know how you feel. I had grandiose plans to write up adventure synopses for my Kingmaker campaign. I started tape recording each session and even began to listen to the first tape to transpose it to an adventure scenario, but that didn't last, obviously! Now over 2 years into a campaign that has an every other week session, and getting toward the big bad in book 3, I've stopped recording the sessions and am probably never going to get the ones I have recorded into adventure logs!

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I've kept up with posting adventure logs (my players don't take very good notes); I just haven't been posting the updates here on the forums. ;)

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

The great saga continues....

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Yes, we're still playing our Ptolus campaign. I still suck at posting updates here on the forums, but here are a few interesting bits of what happened in the last session:

• The Sewers tried to eat the halfling. Literally.

• That same halfling successfully slipped a mickey into an assassin's drink and snared her with a love potion.

• So. Many. Inappropriate. Jokes.

• The ranger's player utilized her arachnophobia and channeled that hate into destroying a spellcasting spider foe with extreme prejudice.

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

This sounds like a great night- and inappropriate jokes are gamers stock in trade

Just trying to help out.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Holy crap. Ptolus hit the 100 Fans mark.

Y'all are friggin' awesome, y'know that?

Someday when all this is over and we can safely meet up in person, we're going back to Ptolus. There are cultists in need of a good slaying. And you can be sure I'll be shouting it from the mountaintops when it fires back up again. smiley

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Such a great campaign!  Congrats!  Welcome to the gold jacket club!

Just trying to help out.

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Jackets...?

I didn't get no jacket...

/grin

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

They stopped making them years ago- never got mine either.....

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hey, you don't need jackets in California, do you????

laugh

Inner Council Member

• weasel0
    weasel0

You betcha they do....goes way down into the upper 60s in that fridges tundra dontcha know. 

• eyelessgame

... Is your sewer gone? I went to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/UselessTriviaMan/Ptolus Sewer Map small_zps3azyxrqc.jpg and it doesn't appear to exist... do I need to pay for a photobucket account to see it?

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

@eyelessgame No, definitely don't give Photobucket any money.

When I first started my Ptolus campaign many years ago, Photobucket was a free hosting service where I stored all my images. (At that early stage, Obsidian Portal's media library max was much lower.) I had hundreds of images on PB, and then one day they decided to change to a paid hosting platform and held hostage over a thousand of my images there, and put a massive opaque watermark over every single free image on their site.

I had to painstakingly, one-by-one, re-host and re-link every single image here on Obsidian Portal. I'm still not done replacing all the images on the behind-the-scenes GM-only pages, actually.

There were a few that got misplaced (like the mid-game action shots on Session 7), but I definitely have the sewer image. Where did you see that broken image? I thought I'd gotten 'em all.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Oh wait, it's right here in this thread. Yeah, I still have that image.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

And now it's time to shout from the tip-top of the Spire itself, because at long last we're finally returning to Ptolus in about an hour! 

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

So....?????  How did it go?

Just trying to help out.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

It was an absolute success. We were all happy to return to the gaming table, and after a pretty significant recap of the campaign plotlines the party managed to get a lot more done.

They dodged a couple of really nasty traps, beat up some demons, and freed a bunch of prisoners. We ended on a good cliffhanger where they'll be facing off next time against the high priestess of the Kaleidoscope Temple and two of those demons they'd previously faced. (They ran off and tattled on us!)

• eyelessgame

WOOHOO!!!!

Three weeks ago we had our first in-person game in over a year.  So happy to hear you've resumed!.  Looking forward to your writeup.

Post edited by eyelessgame on
  • UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Okay @eyelessgame, your wish is granted. devil

Session 35: Back in Action at Last!!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Cool to hear that the return to Ptolus went well. 

our group is hoping to have our first session round a table on 4 September 2021.  I will just be a player in this game, but it will be good to actually be around a table again.

smiley

Inner Council Member