ObsidianPortal occasionally logs me out for no reason

JasontheFuzz
JasontheFuzz

I never log out of ObsidianPortal, but it occasionally logs me out. I can't find any discussions or anything referencing this. Some of my friends have the same issue. It's rather annoying. Is there a fix?

Comments

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Are you using it on multiple devices? Because I've seen it log me out when I access from the phoe or pad and enxt time I log on the PC I'm logged out

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for bringing this annoyance up!

@Keryth987, I log in and out all the time for testing, so I didn't notice that logging in on another device will log you out on all other devices.  I'll work on fixing that.

Beyond that, the "keep me logged in" feature works off of a cookie, so if you clear your cookies, then that will log you out.

It will also log you out if you haven't visited OP in more than 6 weeks.

And changing your password will log you out on all devices you're logged in on.

@JasontheFuzz, do any of those seem like they might be reasons you're being logged out?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• thaen
    thaen

@JasontheFuzz, @Keryth987, I made some changes to the "keep me logged in" feature last night.  Let me know if either of you are experiencing any more annoying behavior.

The details of the changes ...

You should now be able to stay logged in on as many devices as you want.

Explicitly logging out will only log you out on that particular device, not the other devices you are logged into.  If you don't explicitly logout, you will be able to get right back into your account just by going to OP ... so if you're using a shared computer, make sure to logout.

I set the cookie expiration to the max (20 years).  But that only takes affect the next time you login.  If right now you wait 6 weeks since your last login, you'll still be logged out at 6 weeks.  But if you login before that 6 week point, it will then take 20 years before you will be logged out.  The 20 years resets every time you visit OP.

Clearing cookies will still log you out on that device, but not other devices.

If you change your password, you'll be logged out on all devices.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

So far so good

• Jynx001
    Jynx001

Sometimes when my browser cache gets too full, I will start getting randomly logged out of things. I recommend something like CCleaner to take care of it, but you can also clear it out from the browser settings.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member