GM's Only Section Visible

CharlesNCharge
CharlesNCharge
edited July 2021 in Campaign Portal Building

Hey all,

After Editing my page, the Gm's Section is visible at the bottom for everyone to see. What happened, and how do I fix it?

Sorry, wanted to include URL

https://cyberpunkblue.obsidianportal.com/wikis/roles

Post edited by CharlesNCharge on

Comments

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I can't see the GM Only section on any of your pages. Did a player say they could see it? If so, does that player have Co-GM status?

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• CharlesNCharge
    CharlesNCharge

No, but when I logged out, I could see it. None of my other players have checked the site yet - project goes "live" in 72 hours. 

Is it just a "me" thing, then? That would be cool.

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for bringing this up!

I don't see the GM Only section when I'm logged in or when I'm logged out, and no changes have been made to that part of the code lately. 

If you can make it happen again, can you take a screenshot and post it here or email it to [email protected]?  We'll jump on it right away.  Bugs beware!

Obsidian Portal Developer

• CharlesNCharge
    CharlesNCharge

Nope. All seems fine now. Probably a glitch or user error. 

Thanks for you all having a look, though. I appreciate it.

• thaen
    thaen

@charles_f_abel, I looked into this a bit deeper and I think what you saw was a bug in the caching.  It should be fixed now.  The bug was telling the browser to show you a previously downloaded version of the page ... the version of the page where you were still logged in.  Just in case there's any concern, this couldn't have shared the GM Only data with anyone else because it was using the file that was stored in your local browser.  Let us know if you come across any other issues.  And thanks for pointing this out!

• CharlesNCharge
    CharlesNCharge

Thank you, sir! I'm glad that it was fixed, and I'm sorry for the trouble.

• thaen
    thaen

Definitely no sorry needed!  Pointing out bugs that need to be fixed is the opposite of trouble, so sincerely thank you!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Nice!  Always good to see a problem quickly solved....

Just trying to help out.