Jump to Top on Forums?

camarilladee
camarilladee
edited May 2021 in Feature Requests

When looking at the forums on mobile it's really nice that the most recent post comes up. However if you have several different boards and several different posts going on at once you might not get to the one you wanted to get to right away and you may have to scroll a lot. That said I'm wondering if it's possible to add a jump to top link at the bottom of every post automatically? Or if there is someway to activate that option if it already exist? It would be incredibly helpful for those of us who make frequent use of our forums or do play by post!

Post edited by camarilladee on

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Sounds like a useful tweak.  I'll add it to the list.  Thanks for the request!

Obsidian Portal Developer

• camarilladee
    camarilladee

Thank you for your help @Thaen!  

• thaen
    thaen

Happy to!

• camarilladee
    camarilladee

The more I think about it, at least for play by post games, it would probably be easiest if you had the forums work like this:

(Action)  - (Result)

Click on Forum - Display Subforums

Click on Subforum - Display Threads

Click on Thread - Display Most Recent Post

Combining that with a "top of page" link at the bottom of every post really would make phone navigation a TON smoother.  It really helps out when just surfing the forums in general and reading the threads written by other people.

• thaen
    thaen

That all makes sense.  Thanks for laying it out!  I'll add it to the list.

• thaen
    thaen

@camarilladee, when viewing the Campaign Forums on a mobile device, there is now an upward pointing triangle button (it's midway up the screen on the right hand side of the screen) that will scroll all the way to the top.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member