Bug-ish: Custom CSS using fonts with the word 'script' in

jodie
jodie

Howdy, adding a font-family to the custom CSS with the word 'script' in e.g. 'Dancing Script'  - causes a 'HTML not allowed' type message.

Comments

• ragnarhawk

Yeah, this is, at this time, a "feature".  OP does not like the letters "s c r i p t" anywhere in the CSS, including in selectors for its own classes.

There are workarounds for the selectors, but I don't know of any for fonts.

Hopefully if enough people speak up a fix will be moved up the priority list, but I know that they are concerned about accidentally allowing malicious scripting to be introduced.

• thaen
    thaen

@ragnarhawk has it.  I don't have a good answer on how to get around it for this scenario though.

No promises on a fix, but @jodie, can you post a snippet of css that has the font-family in it so I can make sure I'm playing around with the right scenario?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• gastoff
    gastoff

I could see this issue cropping up most often when dealing with fonts. The number of fonts that include the word "script" is remarkable. Almost as prevalent as "serif".

• ragnarhawk

@thaen, if you could also figure out how to white list "description" in selectors, that would resolve the problems with class and ID selectors

As you mentioned above, I realize "No promises", but it would be nice

• thaen
    thaen

@gastoff, great point!

@ragnarhawk, also a great point.  Can you post an example of something that "should" work but doesn't, so I can make sure I'm solving the problem you want solved?

Yeah if we can get 90% of cases handled with these specific tightly controlled exceptions, that'd be awesome.

• jodie
    jodie

Yeah, fully understand that security trumps conveience any day. And it's not a priority I just found similar fonts with different names.

.handWrittenNote {

font-family: 'Dancing Script', cursive;

}

• ragnarhawk

Hi @thaen,

This is the css that I suggested that someone use:

body.character-show .main-content .bio, body.character-show .tagline+div .content {background-color:#F5F5F510;}

because this:

body.character-show .main-content .bio, body.character-show .description .content {background-color:#F5F5F510;}

is rejected for having "script" in it

Post edited by ragnarhawk on
  • thaen
    thaen

@jodie, @ragnarhawk, thanks for these!  Those are great specific examples!