Parchment background

Haligaunt
Haligaunt

Hello, all.

It would appear that playing with CSS is definitely not among my talents. In fact, trial and error would appear to demonstrate that I am just plain awful at it. Ha ha!

The content on my campaigns is good but I am the first to admit that my games need something of a facelift. With that in mind, could one of the helpful folks in the brains trust here please help me?

I would very much like to make the background behind all the writing in my games look like old parchment or a scroll or something to that effect. Could somebody here please throw me a bone?

Concord of Ashes is my game.

Thanks!

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

For y'all awesome CSS crafters out there, here's a link to the Campaign:

https://the-concord-of-ashes.obsidianportal.com/

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Ahhh. Thanks! Ha ha! I should have thought to do that myself.

• thaen
    thaen

No worries, happy to help!

Obsidian Portal Developer

• gastoff
    gastoff

@Haligaunt, I added a CSS wiki page to my Terror at Thrushmoor campaign to help anyone that wants to copy/paste sections of the code for their own campaign. Feel free to borrow at your leisure. I believe I have most of the CSS grouped and labeled with section headers to make it easier to find stuff. 

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

I am currently building my current campaign from @gastoff base- I highly recommend his campaign as a reference source

Just trying to help out.

• gastoff
    gastoff

Thanks for the shout out @GamingMegaverse!

• Haligaunt
    Haligaunt

Thanks very much for your input, fellas. I shall check it out.

• Abersade
    Abersade

Haligaunt,

I looked at your site and saw that you don't appear to have achieved the effect that you were looking for,  so to remedy that I offer you the code snippet below from Forbidden Empire. You will of course need to change the url for the background file that you want to use and you will likely have to fiddle around with some of the settings after the url such as 25 fill repeat in order to get the stitching of the image to look correct for your layout, though a quick test of it shows that it's pretty close to correct as is.

Let me know if you have any questions.

/* border of background image */
    .wiki-page {
    background-color: transparent;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 25px;
    border-image: url(https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/191667/assets/896244/FE-Wiki_Backgroundv5.png?1535813466) 25 fill repeat;}
    /* makes white background transparent so that the background image shows */
    body.campaign-public-layout .post-section.post-main {background-color: transparent;}

Post edited by Abersade on

GM of Rise of the Durnskald: Wrath of the Fallen Goddess - February 2016 CotM

GM of Core: The Ashes of Alcarna - April 2020 CotM

GM of Stream of Kairos

Need CSS Help? It may be covered here: Abersade's CSS Hub