Maximum File Size of 2MB?

Napkin

Is this serious? I can upload a maximum of 2 images at a time...

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Welcome Napkin!

For the Free account, it's a 2MB storage limit per Campaign.  You can upload as many files as you can fit in that storage limit.

The paid Ascendant account has a 10GB storage limit.  There's a 15 day free trial if you want to try it out.

Here's the comparison of the plans:

https://www.obsidianportal.com/ascendant_membership

Obsidian Portal Developer

• ragnarhawk

I would like to add that the extra features of the Ascendant membership are so much more than the increased storage limit.  It is really worth considering.

On the other hand, I find that I often want to reduce the amount of storage that I am using on gaming sites (Roll20 is a big one here), so I downsample and resize images so that they don't take up as much space.  It is still possible to get a surprising amount of quality out of images as small as 1-200 k

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

I have a paid account and I an very satisfied with it. I have so much stuff on here , and the custom styling even if you have no html knowledge really makes it fun. Lots of support in the community to help you as well if you need it.  

speaking of which, perhaps an added feature in the media library is to put in the list of files a column with size, otherwise I have to click each on to see what it is. (I uploaded some massive files before I knew what I was doing and now I have over a hundred which I would rather not have to manually click!) Also I should probably rename the files, it's shameful what I have done! Is there a way to change the name once it is in the library or do i have to delete and reuplaod?

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• thaen
    thaen

"perhaps an added feature in the media library is to put in the list of files a column with size, otherwise I have to click each on to see what it is. (I uploaded some massive files before I knew what I was doing and now I have over a hundred which I would rather not have to manually click!)"

@Frak_Lou_Elmo, I'm wary of adding too much visual clutter to the UI.  And this might help with your specific situation, but it wouldn't solve that problem more generally.  For example, if someone had files in folders, or even in other Campaigns (since the 10GB is shared over all Campaigns).  But we can still get this fixed for you.  I'll pull a report from the database and send you a spreadsheet of your files with the sizes so you can get what you need that way.  If anyone else needs that too, feel free to say.

"Is there a way to change the name once it is in the library or do i have to delete and reuplaod?"

Right now, just delete and reupload.  If you have linked the file/picture anywhere in any of your wiki pages, you'll need to redo those links.  That's why it can't be renamed...that would break those links, and the system doesn't know where the file has been used (especially if you used the url directly instead of the "Image Embed" button).

• ragnarhawk

I have a couple of thoughts.

Perhaps we could have a user level view of our media libraries?  Treat each campaign as a folder, and provide more detail in that view?

As for links, it sounds like the "what links here" request might also be useful for images, so that we would know where to update if we needed to change the image name or otherwise update such things.

• thaen
    thaen

@ragnarhawk, regarding "user level view of our media libraries", what would you use that feature for?

"what links here" applied to images too...noted!  For that to work, it would need to be looking in the text for urls that are also embedded in any HTML, and also in the custom CSS.

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

thanks for the spreadsheet @thaen ! this does help me find out which files are hogging space

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• thaen
    thaen

Happy to!