Change the Yellow/Gold

GamingMegaverse
GamingMegaverse

Ok, so we first acknowledge how much better this place is now!  @Kallak, @thaen and @jynx001 have done a great job!  In my opinion even better than when Micah was around (although I still miss @dreadgazebo snark and his great podcast).  That being said there is one thing that still drives me crazy- it is this yellow/gold color.

It was the most disliked thing instantly at Reforge, and still exists!  Have I gotten used to it- sort of- I don't yell about it any longer, but it is still hard to read.....

Please, you have made so many great improvements-  lets drop the yellow/gold for something that people can read....

Just trying to help out.

Comments

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

do you mean the yellow of llinked text in this forum like this?

or somewhere else?

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• thaen
    thaen

@GamingMegaverse, thanks for the compliments!

Snark is definitely not a strong suit for me, but I can take a whack at the other two.  : )

What did you like about the podcast?  And do you listen to any other gaming related podcasts?

So I know we're talking about exactly the same thing, can you post a screenshot of the yellow/gold in context where you find it hard to read?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I'll let @GamingMegaverse describe his yellow/gold issue, but I just wanted to chime in and support any request for the podcast.  I realise this may be a lot of work so I am not expecting it if it is outwith the realms of feasability, but I remember the old Podcast with VERY fond memories and I think I listened to every one.  As I remember, it came out monthly, but it may even have been weekly.  Nowadays, I think weekly would be too much, but monthly might be possible.....?

What I liked about it was that it was a regular audio link to the OP Team.  The topics were always relevant and interesting, and there was often a guest speaker from some big name in the Gaming World.  

heart

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• thaen
    thaen

@twiggyleaf, do you listen to any other podcasts?

Would anyone be interested in us republishing the original podcast?  My understanding is that the published episodes were lost, but that the original recordings still exist and could be republished if there's enough interest.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Gaming podcast recommendation list:

Happy Jack's RPG Podcast is still one I never miss, even after over ten years of weekly advice episodes. They also feature a very broad range of Actual Play podcasts in a wide variety of RPG systems. I blame these guys for making me realize how bad a GM I used to be, and helping me become a far better gamer in general.

Fear the Boot is another long-running RPG podcast with a stellar crew. I haven't listened to it in a few years (just too many podcasts and not enough time), but it's definitely a good show. They host an annual St. Louis gaming convention called Fear the Con (when the world's not locked down, that is).

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• thaen
    thaen

@UselessTriviaMan, thanks for those recommendations!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Hi- sorry, been busy....

The yellow everywhere- most importantly on sign in and creation of campaigns, but yes, here on the forums as well.  White on the gold writing is very difficult to read.

Unfortunately it was one of many frustrations that led people to leave- and some of us got kicked off.....

Interestingly, I don't know when this happened, but some of the forum entries about the Reforge and the complaints people had have recently (since this great team took over) have reappeared.  They are long, over 800 comments each, but both start with lists that the author, @Belrathius took much time editing and updating. 

https://forums.obsidianportal.com/discussion/4036/current-op-issues-tracking-list/p1

https://forums.obsidianportal.com/discussion/3414/new-reforge-issue-tracking-list/p1

I cannot again say enough at how much things have improved- thanks again!

Just trying to help out.

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

I see what you mean, I didnt notice because the color changes in the settings for a specific campaign, but when I log out of my setting it is indeed a hard to read yellow on white:image

and, not that I come there often, but there is a lot of yellow on pages like this, it is even hard to read when yellow text is on gray:

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• thaen
    thaen

@GamingMegaverse, thanks for the specific examples of the sign in and creation of campaigns!  I see what you mean about the gold being hard to read on the light/white backgrounds.

Any ideas why this wasn't changed before?  I'm always wary of saying we will change something if it wasn't changed in the past because there might be some good reason that it wasn't changed.

We didn't make any changes to the forums ourselves, but if someone was banned that wants to be unbanned, just email [email protected], and we'll get you fixed up.

Wow!  Those are long lists.  I generally try to wait until someone brings up an issue directly before siphoning off dev time to devote to it (and we haven't been getting support emails about these).  So if there are specific issues that someone wants addressed, feel free to email support or post here in the Community Forums.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

@thaen, I actually don't listen to any other podcsts at the moment.  These days, I tend more to subscribe to certain YouTube channels and listen to a couple of radio stations in general.  But, I would listen to an Obsidian Portal podcast.  I probably wouldn't bother listening to old re-runs though.  Just like I never watch sport unless it is live.  Call me idiosynchratic if you like....

laugh

Inner Council Member

• thaen
    thaen

@twiggyleaf, that's helpful, thanks!

What YouTube channels do you subscribe to?  And do you watch them, or do you have some way of listening to audio only?

Are the radio stations TTRPG related?

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

The YouTube channels I subscribe to range from RPG discussion sites, to cinema reviews, to First Reaction channels.  I generally watch them and don't have a way of listening only, unless I just play them, while busy with other things e.g. dungeon design, reading, etc.   As for radio channels, these are music channels only.  I hardly ever listen to talk radio, or when I do, I usually just listen in to establishment radio stations.  Hope that helps.

smiley

Inner Council Member

• thaen
    thaen

Very helpful!  Thanks!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Micah reacted very poorly to the reaction to the Reforge- in my opinion.  Much of the Reforge, as you see by the long lists, was never fixed by the original people- they were highly undermanned. 

No idea why it was never changed- it had been brought up to Kaleidoscope as well...

Glad you see the issue now- sorry I was not clear.

Just trying to help out.

• thaen
    thaen

No sorry needed, I definitely appreciate you bringing it up!

Cool.  Okay, no promises about when, but I can see that color being something that we change eventually.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

Inner Council Member

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Will absolutely rejoice when this is done....

Just trying to help out.