co-GM visible and GM player visible in side panel

Frak_Lou_Elmo
Frak_Lou_Elmo

Hey all,

I have a game where I co-GM and we take turns, giving us an opportunity to osilatebetween player and gm in the same story.

in the side pane it only shows GM, not co-GM and as GM any player characterwhihc is assigned to me as ownerdoes not show in the list of players:

Woudl it be possible to show the co-GMs here too and the chracters which are assigned to any GM or co-GM to show here like any other player character?

Cheers,

Frak

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Hey @Frak, thanks for the request!

Can you tell me what you are hoping this change would do for you?

If the co-GMs are just listed as normal Players like they are now, what problems does that cause?

If the GM's most recently assigned Player Character is are not listed here like it's not now, what problems does that cause?

I'm trying to make sure I understand the issue we're trying to solve here and make sure there's not some other deeper problem that this is just a result of.

Thanks!

thaen

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Frak_Lou_Elmo
    Frak_Lou_Elmo

Hi Thaen,

> If the co-GMs are just listed as normal Players like they are now, what problems does that cause?

> If the GM's most recently assigned Player Character is are not listed here like it's not now, what problems does that cause?

it's not so much of a problem, more like just not full info. If the co-GM is running a game and I am playing it is not visible that this is a possibility. it's more of a polish thing. Right now in this campaign it looks like this for the players:

Billy is assigned to me and Uno is assigned to the Co-GM, Sittingatmidnight. 

yet neither Billy nor Uno show up as player characters on the front page:

Using my super MS Paint skills I envision it would look like this, if a character is assigned to either a GM or co-GM:

twitter: @Frak_Lou_Elmo

• thaen
    thaen

Got it!  Those actually ARE super MS Paint skills.  The visual is extremely helpful!

No promises that this will get done, but I'll put it on the list.

Obsidian Portal Developer