Is it possible to embed an MP4 movie and set it to loop on a page?

40below
40below

I have a few short animations of locations that I'd like to include as illustrations in the write-ups. I have them in MP4 format, and I'd love to set them to automatically play and loop. Is this possible?

(I also have them in animated GIF format, but in much, much lower resolution, so naturally I'd rather use the MP4 if it can be done.)

Thanks!

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

I don't see a way to autoplay or loop with the current video insert, so I think the GIF is going to be your best bet if you do want to do this. 

You could also make the GIF a link to the higher resolution video, so your Players could click to see the more detail if they wanted it.

That said, for me personally, I have trouble reading text on a webpage when there is other movement going on, like an autoplayed video or a GIF.  I have to hide them or move them off screen or put my hand over them to be able to concentrate on the text.  But your Players may not have this issue.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• 40below
    40below

Thanks for the advice, thaen. And for the insight regarding busy pages. I'll keep that in mind!

• thaen
    thaen

Happy to!

Obsidian Portal Developer