Obsidian Portal on Discord?

tommy19
tommy19

So, pretty much every community on the web has their own Discord server and given the state of the world and our hobby these days, most of us are online a LOT. So I was wondering, does OP have a discord server? If so, could someone please send me an ivite.

If it doesn't, why not? And would that be something the community is interested in?

Comments

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

@Thaen

@Kallak

This is something we should probably do...doesnt even have to eb a voice chat

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

I agree with @keryth987

Just trying to help out.

• thaen
    thaen

I'm not personally familiar with Discord or running a Discord server, so I don't know what I don't know here, but I'm told it would require someone to moderate it.  If someone in the community wants to volunteer to moderate it, then we'd be open to the idea.

If anyone wants to volunteer, PM me, or post here.

Post edited by thaen on

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

As long as you don't require someone to be on 24/7 and have no issues with a moderation bot being used as well, I could probably set something up

• tommy19
    tommy19

This sounds great, I would love to get into a OP discord. I know very little myself but would love to become a member once the server has been set up!

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Honestly surprised no one has suggested this sooner, as popular as Discord is for pretty much everything these days.

• thaen
    thaen

@Keryth987, that would be awesome!  Let us know what help you need from us.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Please test link and join discord server all

• thaen
    thaen

Link worked.  Joined.  Thanks, @Keryth987!

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Whoops @Keryth987, it says my invite link is invalid. Do those things have an expiration date?

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• gastoff
    gastoff

They expire after a certain amount of time. We will have to wait on a new one to be sent out to join.

• ragnarhawk

Hi all,

Here is a new invite:  https://discord.gg/4SVk3rh

It will not time out, but has a limit of 100 users - I think that we would all be delighted if we hit that limit and needed a new invite smiley

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

I am in....

Just trying to help out.

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Just wanted to bump this thread- Maybe we can make it sticky up top or a general "Don't forget to join us on Discord!" banner/button?

• ragnarhawk

Hey @Kallak, @thaen, do you think that it might be worthwhile to promote this on your social media channels, like your twitter and facebook feeds?

I think that the more people know about the channel the more valuable it will be for everyone.

• thaen
    thaen

Sounds like a fine idea!  @Jynx001 actually does most of the social posting.  How about it?

• Jynx001
    Jynx001

NICE! I'm in - thanks for setting everything up, guys. I'll start announcements on social media and look for opportunities to promote it. We're currently at 20 members as of this moment. Let's see how big we can go!

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

@Jynx001- It's worth putting out on multiple reddits too, not just OP. See if we can capture some discord folks out in the wild.

• Jynx001
    Jynx001

Good idea, @Conan_Lybarian - I'll try to get it on all the subs that allow that kind of promotion. If we have good discussions about different game systems, I can justify posts on subs with stricter rules. There's already quite a few good ones going for some of the systems that have threads.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

I tried five times to install this app and each time it told me installation failed.  I tried via the OP Blog twice and directly from the organisation's download page three times.  "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

frown

I am using Windows 10 laptop through Google Chrome.  Any ideas?

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

That's weird, @twiggyleaf. I don't use an app, I just go to the discord website.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Yes, you can run discord through your web browser if the app doesn't work for some reason.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Okay.  Good to know.  Thanks @UselessTriviaMan and @SkidAce.

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Seems like it's growing slowly but surely!