HELP! I screwed up and don't know how to fix!

tommy19
tommy19

So... I was trying to remove the stream from the frontpage. And using the inspect elements I started marking things as {display:none;} to become invisible. I got rid of the stream title and the stream itself, but there was a small hr divider I also wanted to remove. So I inspected the elements and found "div.large-12.columns" it removed the divider just fine... the problem is it also removed the window where I edit the main CSS!

I've tried going back and I can't get it back. How do I fix this!? Please help!

Comments

• gastoff
    gastoff

"div.large-12.columns" includes quite a few elements on various pages throughout the site, including the Custom CSS field that is in Settings. Navigate to the Settings page, open up the Inspect Element, and see if you can display the CSS field so you can remove that CSS from your pages.

• gastoff
    gastoff

Because all of the elements are hidden, you will not see any listed on the DevTools when you inspect the page, but you can select a random element and replace the info with:

.large-12{
    display:contents!important;
    }

That should temporarily reveal the Custom CSS fields, enabling you to remove that pesky CSS from your code as a permanent fix. 

• tommy19
    tommy19

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER AND I OWE YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!THANK YOU! THANK YOU!THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

• gastoff
    gastoff

No Problem! Glad I could help. That's what this community is here for! When I first started on my Custom CSS journey, there were a few times when I bungled things up pretty bad and it took forever to untangle the mess I made. I cannot stress enough how important it is to make sure you've closed off your CSS entries with a curly bracket! If you miss one, it is a horrible mess trying to figure out where the train derailed.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Three cheers for @Gastoff !!

yesyesyes

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• thaen
    thaen

Yes, thank you @gastoff!

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Tigervirgo
    Tigervirgo

Okay, my Bio & Quick Description isn't showing up on the character page. How do I change this?

Example: https://marvel-universe.obsidianportal.com/characters/jon-mason

Here are my Custom CSS:

.campaign-landing-page-container { background-color:transparent !important; } body.campaign-public-layout .post-section.post-main { background-color:transparent !important; color:#FFFFFF !important; font-size:30px; font-weight: Bold;}

.campaign-public-layout .main-content h1, .campaign-public-layout .main-content h2, .campaign-public-layout .main-content h3, .campaign-public-layout .main-content h4, .campaign-public-layout .main-content h5, .campaign-public-layout .main-content h6 {color:#cccccc; font-weight: bold; font-size:30px;}

body.campaign-public-layout .title a {color:#cccccc; font-family: 'Iceland';font-weight: bold; font-size:40px;}

.campaign-landing-show .campaign-landing-page-container {background: transparent;}

.character-show .main-content section, .item-show .main-content section {background: transparent;}

.item-index.campaign-public-layout .character-list-item {background-color: transparent;}

.character-index.campaign-public-layout .character-list-item {background-color: transparent;}

• ragnarhawk

Hi @Tigervirgo,

Your Bio is there, it is just black text on a dark grey background image.  It looks like the Description is empty on that page.

Try adding:

body.character-show .main-content .bio, body.character-show .tagline+div .content   {background-color:#F5F5F510;}

That adds a very light grey transparent background to the text

You have to use the ".tagline+div" sibling constructor to reference the "description" class, since OP CSS does not like the word "script" anywhere, even embedded in another word.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member