Getting back to basics

CinderellaManJJ
CinderellaManJJ
edited August 2009 in Player Lounge

Comments

• CinderellaManJJ
    CinderellaManJJ
    Greetings all, I am a long-time role-playing gamer (25+ years) who is getting back to basics by revisiting the first RPG I ever played: D&D Basic Set. I love all types of RPGs as well as all things geeky (comics, movies and books of the fantasy/sci-fi genre). I am married and have two boys with whom I’m sharing my love of the hobby.

My first campaign utilizing "Obsidian Portal":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/back2dndbasics will rely on much of the preciously published materials for the Mystara setting, specifically the Grand Duchy of Karameikos. As a gamer, I quickly moved from D&D Basic to AD&D (within the first year of gaming) and never had an opportunity to really explore this classic setting. I'm looking forward to sharing it with my sons and our friends and discovering all that OP has to offer.

Follow Your Bliss,
    JJ
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Hmmmm...if you combine two of my fandoms, you get the Sin City RPG. I wonder...
  • Figment
    Figment
    Mystara is a great setting. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Besides all of the supplements, Dragon had a regular series of articles for _years_.
  • CinderellaManJJ
    CinderellaManJJ
    Thanks, Figment. I'm also finding lots of fan info on the internet. I'll be making use of much of it so that I can concentrate on gaming and less on adventure creation. Without a lot of free time I have to rely on published settings and modules. I've already contacted a friend with access to those old Dragon mags (having sold my collection years ago) and will see what info I can glean from them.

Follow Your Bliss,
    JJ