Custom DST Request

Keryth987
Keryth987

So, better late than never I suppose..

My skills at DSTs are non-existent. And since Shadows first came about years ago, i've been using my highly customized through HTML Sheet (can be seen HERE) and honestly, its a PITA to edit, which usually results in them not being updated, as I'm the one who ends up doing it and time gets less and less.

So, anyone who knows HTML willing and able to take whats there and make it into a DST for me? I will happily give you the HTML Code for both Sections. And maybe a Sooby Snack or two? :)

Thanks

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

If its just converting your copy/paste template into a DST, I'd think that'd be pretty quick/easy. Send me your stuff and I'll put it together.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987

@Kallak

Trying to post the code in the code box as HTML and the site blocks me
    Post edited by Keryth987 on

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hmm, okay, can you zip it up and email it to me?

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987

Can you msg me an email address to send it to then?

Also...WHY is posting HTML code getting me blocked by the site's security? I'm using the code entry button in the text editor

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hmm, I wouldn't think you'd get blocked using the code input. That's a bit odd in my mind. Thwt said, I see an inbox message from you in one of my emails, so that address is good obviously.

I'll get with you on the finer details of the sheet.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Keryth987
    Keryth987

Yea well, heres what I get when I try to post the code in code blocks set to HTML

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

@Kallak See post above this one

• thaen
    thaen
    @Keryth987, I don't have a good answer for you. I just tried to do a very plain div with no attributes and it didn't give me that warning (but it did come out looking really ugly). I'm guessing something about the attributes that you used was flagged as "dangerous"?
    Post edited by thaen on

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

@Thaen Wouldn't using the code entry block prevent all that? I had it set to HTML

• thaen
    thaen
    @Keryth987, I tried to duplicate the html you posted to see if I would get the same response, but it posted without being stopped.

At the bottom of your screenshot there's a "Cloudflare Ray ID" which means that Cloudflare (our caching and bot-attack-repelling provider) determined that some combination of the post you were making and the characteristics of your IP looked suspicious. We're past the window where I can check the specifics of your exact situation with Cloudflare, but if you want to try posting the same thing again, I can try to look it up again if you get the same result.
    Post edited by thaen on

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

@thaen

Just tried it and same thing when I hit post

I was doing:

Description Box

(HTML CODE SNIPPET HERE)

Biography Box

(HTML CODE SNIPPET HERE)

• thaen
    thaen

@Keryth987, can you post the "Cloudflare Ray ID" that it gives you?  I tried looking for yours, but we have SO many spam attacks that get caught that it's needle haystack type searching. 

(If you're someone reading this that is spamming us from Poland...please stop.  It's really annoying.)

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Isn;t it in the image above?

• thaen
    thaen

@Keryth987, yes, sorry, there is a "Cloudflare Ray ID" in the image, but that ID "expired" before I checked it, so I can't see what happened in that particular instance of this error.

The "Cloudflare Ray ID" is specific to each instance.  The "Cloudflare Ray ID" in the image is from a week ago.  We only have access to error instances from 72 hours or less back.  So to find out what's blocking you in particular from posting, I need to know the "Cloudflare Ray ID" from an instance that happened within the last 3 days.  If you can try to post again, and then post another screenshot of the error with the "Cloudflare Ray ID" in it, then I'll be sure to look it up within the 72 hour window.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

OK, so not blocking me now, just saying the body is 15110 characters too long

• thaen
    thaen

@Keryth987, oh man, sorry you're hitting all these blocks!

How many characters or words is the text?  And is this a Wiki Page you're trying to create?

The limit for the body of a Wiki Page should be 16,777,215 characters.  But if we estimate 300 words per book page, and we estimate 10 characters per word, that would be almost 5600 book pages of text in one Wiki Page.  I'm guessing you're not trying to put that many pages of text in one Wiki Page, so something else must be going on.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Its the forums that have alimit. Was tryiong to post my code form my character sheets to get it made into a DST

• thaen
    thaen

@Keryth987, ah, okay, that makes sense.  And you've already sent that to Kallak, so we're good there.  Okay, then I don't see anything else we need to fix here.  Feel free to say if I'm missing something.