Timelines

Bronn1
Bronn1

I recently convinced a friend to put his campaign on the site and he's enjoying OP so far.  However, one of the things he was hoping to find here that would be an interesting option would be a timeline creator.  To clarify, I mean a way to list events by date in order.  Not sure if that's feasible, but it would've also been welcome in the Warhammer campaign I'm in, which heavily concerns the history of the Church of Sigmar.

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

This is an awesome suggestion IMO.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • thaen
    thaen

There have been a couple other feature requests for "In Game Calendars":

https://forums.obsidianportal.com/discussion/5565/custom-calendar

https://forums.obsidianportal.com/discussion/5572/in-game-calendar

Is that what you're looking for?

Could this be done just by listing the dates out in order in a wiki page with descriptions for each?  How would you want this feature to be different from just text on a wiki page?

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Bronn1
    Bronn1

I suppose it wouldn't have to be, and I believe that's the way that my buddy ended up making up his.  However, as a separate tab, it is just one more way to set things apart.  I'm no expert on coding, so it may be harder than I think, but it sounds like it wouldn't be too hard a thing to program and provides more features for the site.

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for the feedback!  There's another feature request that's been proposed (and that we've been discussing internally too) that would allow GMs to create "custom tabs".  So with that the GM could create the wiki page with the timeline, and then add a "custom tab" that pointed right to that timeline page.

Obsidian Portal Developer