For Gamers, By Gamers, an Obsidian Portal Announcement

Kallak
Kallak

An announcement regarding the site (and what it means for the users) has been posted to the blog. I invite everyone in the community to stop by and give it a read (don't worry, it's good news). The article you are looking for has the same name as this post: For Gamers, By Gamers, an Obsidian Portal Announcement.

All the best,
- Kallak

Comments

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I am jump-for-joy happy to hear this announcement. All I can really say is thank you @thaen, and I'll do whatever small part I can as a community member to contribute to the continued success of Obsidian Portal.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• thaen
    thaen

@UselessTriviaMan, thanks for the welcome!

Obsidian Portal Developer

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Cool @thaen , hope this works well for you.

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks @SkidAce!

• Krothos
    Krothos

Thaen, you've already been making some huge waves here, and it's awesome to see some official announcement of your involvement! Both you and Kallak have been outstanding beacons for this product, bringing it back to life.

THANK YOU!!!

• thaen
    thaen

Glad to hear you think so @Krothos.  And I heartily agree, @Kallak is awesome!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

I have said this elsewhere, but this is absolutely the best news in years for OP!  Thanks Thaen- you are already making a big difference, and I cannot wait to see what is to come!

Just trying to help out.

• thaen
    thaen

@GamingMegaverse, much appreciated!

• weasel0
    weasel0

Hey! OP changed hands and I didn't get banned? Looking up already!!

• Kallak
    Kallak

The new crew would never ban you @weasel0!

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Ah @weasel0 memories.....

Just trying to help out.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Great news.  Thanks for the update.  All Dev Work has been outstanding over the last year and long may it remain so.  

smiley

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

@thaen I was fed up to the teeth with the destruction of one of my favorite tools when the Reforge hit and inertia and fear of communication took hold. I was so thoroughly angry at the situation that I deleted several full campaigns, leaving on the one that won campaign of the year. 

I recently came back, intending only to scavenge data as that old game was being revived. I found trouble tickets being dealt with. I saw real, and often rapid, communication. I saw responsiveness in the site (it had grown sluggish in response time) that had been long absent. 

In short, you brought me back. Not just back to being a user, but back to being an Ascendant and back to singing the site's praises to others. That is a huge accomplishment. 

Keep up the fantastic work!

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• thaen
    thaen

@DungeonMasterLoki, I'm really glad you're happy.  But I can't take the credit.  @Jynx001, @Kallak, and @noma4i were all here before I came along, so I just purely by luck inherited a great team.   They were all already at work handling the trouble tickets, the rapid communication, and the fixing of the slowness.

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

Inner Council Member

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Kudos to the entire team! 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• RigilKent
    RigilKent

This is really awesome news!

Current Campaign - Traveller: The Verge - Campaign of the Month July 2020.

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

I know I'm way late to the party, but this is really great news, and has translated from message to delivery. Great Job!

• HumAnnoyd
    HumAnnoyd

I am late to this too.  Congratulations to the whole team!  That is great news indeed.

November 2012 CotM:  Dresden Files RPG: The Emerald City

June 2016 CotM:  Star Wars: Rise of the Infinite Empire

JUNE 2020 CotM & 2020 CotY:  Mass Effect Accelerated

FEBRUARY 2022 CotM & 2022 CotY: Dresden Files Accelerated:  Emerald City-Requiem 

Current Campaigns:  Traveller Osmium Buccaneers: Pirates of Drinax, Cyberpunk 2077 Accelerated

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• thaen
    thaen

Thanks for the heads up on the spam, @UselessTriviaMan!

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

smiley

Inner Council Member