Possible to pin posts to top of forum or sub-forum?

Grungydan
Grungydan

Hi all. I'm setting up the forums for a campaign, and I want my "forum info and instructions" posts to stay pinned to the top of a given forum section. Is this possible? I've looked all over and can't seem to figure out how. 

Thanks!

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Welcome!  It looks like there is some code and database columns to support "pinning", but it doesn't have a front end implementation yet.  If you can tell me which posts you want to stay "pinned", I can manually set them pinned.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• thaen
    thaen

I just added the "Pin to top" checkbox to the "Forum Topic".  If you Edit an existing Forum Topic (or create a new Forum Topic), you should see it.

This pins the topic to the top of the forum or subforum that the topic is in.  If you have multiple "pinned" topics in a forum or subforum, they are listed in order of "last updated".  Currently there's no special styling or anything indicating that they are "pinned", but they have a "pinned" class, so you can put custom css to style them however you'd like.

Let me know if you see any issues.

Obsidian Portal Developer