Embedded Video not working?

GamingMegaverse
GamingMegaverse

Is it just me, or has it stopped working?

Just trying to help out.

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

There's an issue, but it's on Embedly's end, not ours. We're affected by the API issue.

Post edited by Kallak on
    All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Kallak
    Kallak

Update: Embedly has told us that this should be resolved now.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

yes, thanks for the quick resolve!

Just trying to help out.

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

It seems to be working fine now, but I've got a quick question. HOw would I resize the video display window? Say for instance I have a video I want to play at just above thumbnail size as part of my layout? 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• thaen
    thaen

@DungeonMasterLoki, I think you can just wrap the inserted div in another div with the sizing you want.  For example:

Post edited by thaen on

Obsidian Portal Developer

• thaen
    thaen

<div style='width:100px; height:100px;'>

<div class='oembed youtube'><a href='video url' width=100'></a></div>

</div>

Post edited by thaen on

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Roger that, with thanks! Will give it a try. 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• dragondreams
    dragondreams

:-)  Dumb question :-)

The Embed YouTube is broken, correct?  

Are there plans to fix that?  Just curious.

Thanks!

• thaen
    thaen

@dragondreams, it should be working.  I just tried the code I posted above in a test wiki page and it displayed the video.  What are you seeing?  Do you have a sample page?

• jeremy_langill
    jeremy_langill

Hi all -- I was able to embed video from twitch using the default embed video feature -- very cool -- my question is, and perhaps it's already been answered, how do you disable the auto play feature. It's curious because if I click on the adventure log main page or the specific adventure log with the embedded video, in both case, the video starts playing. What happens if I go back and embed videos in each adventure log -- will they all autoplay at the same time?

• thaen
    thaen

@jeremy_langill, I think the lack of "disable autoplay" might be a bug in embedly for Twitch videos. (I submitted a ticket to embedly, so we'll see how it goes.)

I tried yours with "autoplay=0", and it still went ahead and autoplayed.  But if I try the same "autoplay=0" with a random YouTube video, it doesn't autoplay.

https://embed.ly/docs/explore/oembed?url=https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772815308&amp;autoplay=0

https://embed.ly/docs/explore/oembed?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RE8ZJXe4GE&amp;autoplay=0

So, if you can upload your videos to YouTube, that might be an option to get around this.

To your other question, yes, I think if you go back and embed (*Twitch*) videos in each adventure log, they'll all start playing at the same time.

Post edited by thaen on

• jeremy_langill
    jeremy_langill

Thanks for the feedback! Let me know if embedly gets back to you regarding twitch videos...it's convenient leaving everything there and not also having to work with youtube, but I could do that as well.

• thaen
    thaen

From embedly from 3 nights ago (and I haven't heard from them since)...

At this time, support volumes outweigh our capacity to respond to all tickets. While we don't have the bandwidth to respond every time, we do review each ticket that we receive.

So, that doesn't give me a lot of confidence...

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Wow, that is sad....

Just trying to help out.

• jeremy_langill
    jeremy_langill

Well, at least they were honest in their response!

• thaen
    thaen

Agreed.  It's good to know upfront when you need to find your own solution, rather than waiting for the cavalry that's (likely) never going to come.