Text Editor problem

gengidashiell
gengidashiell

It appears the text editor doesn't work the same.  For example, when I am typing a post in here I get an HTML editor with all the bells and whistles.  In OP now I get a much more limited (and older) version.  This appears to be the case both for an extended period of time (it has been like this since Monday) and on different computers (I have tried it on 3 computers; 2 PCs and 1 Mac).  Is this a system-wide problem, or have I inadvertently changed my settings somehow?

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Hi @gengidashiell, this isn't an error, but a setting in your campaign. Some users prefer the original Textile editor, while others prefer the newer CKEditor, so we have left both as options. Under the "Advanced" area of your campaign's "Settings" tab there's a "Default Editor (WYSIWYG)" select. You can swap your editor there and then hit the Save button.

Couple of things to note regarding this:

1. This setting is campaign specific, so if you have multiple campaigns, you'll need to do it for each.

2. The CKEditor is a third-party product, and as such lacks the OP-specific buttons for things such as wiki page slug and character link slug insertion.

You can of course use standard HTML links to go to character pages or other wiki pages, or you can still make use of the double bracket slug method, you just have to do the innards manually. This might seem intimidating at first, but it's really not bad. It can just get a bit unweildy if you have a huge campaign site, as you would need to know the slugs for all the various characters and pages.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • gengidashiell
    gengidashiell

These elements of changing the setting, is this in the power of the person who set up (or administrates) the campaign?  As I don't seem to have 'settings' or 'advanced' anywhere (I'm just a player in the game)

• Kallak
    Kallak

Ah, okay. Yes, you need to be the campaign's owner (the GM) or a player they have promoted to Co-GM. You'll need to shoot your campaign's GM a message to get this swapped.

All the best,
    - Kallak