Marketplace

Calion
Calion
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
It has been "suggested":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1920 that there be an "official" place to put offers of professional services that Obsidian Portal users might be interested in--no, not _that_ kind! I mean artwork, website design, "cartography, costuming, writing, or other services that OP users might enjoy." It has also been asked if there was an appropriate spot to put such offers in until such time as there is some sort of official page for these sorts of things. Well, this is it! Creators, post links to your websites offering services that Obsidian Portal members might be interested in. Users, post requests for such services. I'm curious as to what sorts of things might be offered.

Comments

• Calion
    Calion
    Micah has *not* signed off on this. I've done this purely on my own initiative. I don't see anything whatsoever wrong with having a thread devoted to this issue, but you're on your own on the decision to sticky it.
  • JonathonVolkmer
    JonathonVolkmer
    Well, what the heck - I'll toss my name in the hat as a writer and editor.

I have a bachelor's degree in English with a focus in Creative Writing from Rockhurst U, and I do a fair amount of writing and editing for the company I currently work for (largely uncredited, sadly). I'm semi-professional in that I don't earn any money to speak of, I'm young, and I'm almost entirely unpublished. On the bright side, I write every day anyway, so I might as well write something for you. Rates are entirely negotiable, and I'm very open to working pro bono (although I will want to be clearly credited) or in exchange for favors. I most often want for art and cartography, but let me know what you've got to offer and I'm sure we can work something out.

To get an idea of what you're buying, I recommend visiting the following places:

"RadiationSings.com":RadiationSings.com/home is my online writing journal. I regularly post flash fiction and other writing projects here. While virtually everything on the site is a first draft and/or unfinished (hence a "journal"), it's still a good picture of my abilities.

"Blind Eye Comics":http://radiationsings.com/home/?cat=184 is a joint writing project which envisions how the world might have gone differently had science more thoroughly overwhelmed morality at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th. Most of the stories here are more polished, but they're not all mine.

I also have several campaigns here on the site which offer portions of original writing. Role-playing sessions rarely translate into readable fiction, but I don't have a lot of writing online. Of note are the following:

"The Blood of Life":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/the-blood-of-life/adventure-log - A nWoD Vampires campaign. It was a bit stillborn, as we were just experimenting with a new ruleset.

"The Days and Nights of House Corinthyen":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/housecorinthyen/wikis/places-in-westeros is a Song of Ice and Fire PBP that I'm running. It's brand new, but over time the narrative there will include a lot of original fiction.

I'm also more than happy to edit your original work for grammar, spelling, and style. That's a service I've long traded with friends and family in exchange for things like car repairs and dinner, so believe me when I say that I've worked with all levels of ability. Anyone's writing can become polished and enjoyable if they're willing to work at it.

Thanks for reading,
    JTV
    Post edited by JonathonVolkmer on
  • mrlich
    mrlich
    Thanks Calion for creating this thread!

I'll be happy to offer up **character portraits** or other **illustrative work** including **cartography**. For samples, check out the work I've done for Nevermet Press ( "www.nevermetpress.com":http://www.nevermetpress.com ) or my own site ( "www.dragonbones.net":http://www.dragonbones.net ).

If you have any questions for me, please let me know via my contact form ( www.dragonbones.net/contact ) so that we don't clog up this thread.

Thanks!
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Is this a thing? Did it evolve into something else? As a game designer I"m understandably curious. 

I'm guessing from the thread vintage that its an idea that died from lack of participation or got moved somewhere else? 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• Kallak
    Kallak

Tragically, this never really got off the ground. Might be something to look into in the future at some point.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • thaen
    thaen

We're definitely open to community members posting services for hire in this thread.  If that gets unwieldy we could create a specific sub-forum for those kinds of posts.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Wow, seriously necro thread... but glad this is getting resurrected. 

If you like something on A God...Rebuilt, from site design to artwork, happy to help- it was mostly a labor of love from myself and BrianAdamantite (he was the artist)

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

I will echo KillerVP's comments. If anyone sees something on sHadows they like, or need assitance creating their owen version of, feel free to ask me

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

I was thinking more about possibly pimping some of my books. Been mostly publishing for Pathfinder, Starfinder, DCC, and O7 at this point. Any extra royalties help at this point so trying t be aware of the opportunities. 

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

• thaen
    thaen

@DungeonMasterLoki (and anyone else), feel free to try "pimping" services or physical products in this thread as an experiment.  If there's interest, then we can create the sub-forum for it.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• Calion
    Calion

Since the OP forums have been completely rearranged since 2011, here's the link to the post that inspired this thread: https://forums.obsidianportal.com/discussion/1920/a-forum-thread-for-alternate-services-for-op-fans

@DungeonMasterLoki, I'm amused that you are the one who found, inquired about and ressurrected this thread, since you were the one who inspired it to begin with!

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

@calion Seriously? Now I am amused! 

• Calion
    Calion

Well, you and @mrlich! Check out the linked thread!