Restoring from Backups

Dungeon_Master_Loki
Dungeon_Master_Loki

A number of factors, not least of which being the fact that I'm under quarantine here in New Orleans, may be bringing me back to the portal after all these years. Here's my question: 

I have backups of five games that I deleted from OP when I last left. These were deleted from OP. Can I restore these, or is that another unfixed issue with the backups? Thanks in advance for any info on this. 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

Comments

• thaen
    thaen

Someone more steeped in OP history could correct me, but from the code, it doesn't look like "restoring backups" was ever a feature on OP.  It looks like the download was only created as a way to "archive" a campaign.

If you create a thread in the Feature Requests for this feature, and it gets some interest from the community, we could work on adding it.

Obsidian Portal Developer

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Back up and restore was never a feature.

The option we had for "archiving" as you say ,was never intended as a restore point.  

It was merely so the owner of the world would have something with their info in it, that they could use to rebuild from scratch, without losing information, lore, and stories they had created.

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Thanks, been away for a few years at this point. Figured it was worth an ask. 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

Thaen and SkidAce are right- was never more than an info dump.

Just trying to help out.