"borrowing" other campaigns' wiki pages

scraigtucker
scraigtucker

I'm old to DnD but new to Obsidian Portal and I really like it. I am running a Patherfinder adventure path that someone else is already playing. 1) is it considered rude to use those materials in my own game and 2) is OP set up such that I can easily grab a wiki page from another campaign and shove it into mine...

Tips? Suggestions? Advice?

Comments

• twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf

Hi scraigtucker and welcome to Obsidian Portal.  

I would guess that most of us on this site would not have an issue with borrowing stuff.  I guess it is a courtesy to ask first, but I think most people would be happy to share their wiki pages, especially, if it was to "steal" a format and then adapt your own page.  There is a mechanism for you to reach out to any of the GMs by sending a personal message (see the little envelope on the top bar, or click on the GM image on the front page.)

In order to do this properly, you would need to copy the EDIT section of the page you would want to use.  If that is not available, you could ask the GM concerned if they wouldn't mind sharing this.  This forum section is a good place to start.  There are many threads giving tips.

I am not the most technically minded myself, so hopefully someone can direct you to things like the videos that can start you out on basic Textile coding.  Many of the sites also use CSS and I think most GMs would be very helpful in sharing their code.

You seem to already have made the first step by posting here, so I wish you all the best as you continue on your journey through this excellent community.

Post edited by twiggyleaf on

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

I think @twiggyleaf has hit it right on the head @scraigtucker. And if you have technical questions, don;t forget to reach out to the rest of us here on the forums too!

• scraigtucker
    scraigtucker

Thanks guys for the tips and advice!!! Game on!

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

Welcome to the fun house! 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!