How To Get Hyperlink To Signup For Event

JohnTaber
JohnTaber

Hi OP Admins And Community Peeps!

I want to send an email to a group of people so that they can sign up for a given event.  How can I get an email that will get them to the correct calendar entry OR sign them up automatically?

I found an email at the bottom of the email notification for the calendar entry when it was added.  "Yes, I will be there."  That link is a crazy mess of hash.  Will that link work for ANY campaign user?

Thanks!

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

I'll double check, but I'm reasonably sure the links are unique, because clicking them signs the user up as "going" to the event and updates their RSVP status. Again, I'll make sure I'm not telling you incorrectly.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • JohnTaber
    JohnTaber

I may have another idea...this might work...

https://[campaign site].obsidianportal.com/calendar_events/[event id]/rsvp?will_attend=true

• JohnTaber
    JohnTaber

I am wondering if that will work...

• JohnTaber
    JohnTaber

This last idea kinda works.  I THINK it does actually sign the user up for the event BUT it takes them to the calendar and the NEXT event...NOT the one they signed up for...SUPER confusing.  :(  I have not found a good option...

• thaen
    thaen

Hey @JohnTaber,

That last option that you showed should work now...and should leave the RSVPer looking at the Event they RSVPed for.

Previously the system was always shunting users back to the soonest upcoming Event.

Let us know if you see any issues!

Thanks,

thaen/Aleks

Obsidian Portal Developer