Hide or restrict the entire activity stream?

talkinnsmak

Hi, I'm new here and I've been scanning around the forums but haven't seen this topic come up as such. I'm in the process of transporting/world building my campaign to this site. I'm noticing the activity stream records everything I'm doing, ok fine, but that's also showing up for my "test player" as well.

I definitely don't want that cause the existence of certain wiki pages I'm creating is a spoiler all its own. Could we not have a feature in the basic settings of a campaign to either remove the stream completely, hide the stream from players, or at least remove/hide all GM activity from the stream for players/everyone, whatever? Or if something like this exists and I'm just blind can someone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Any page with the GM-Only box checked is completely not visible to your players, but otherwise they'll be able to see the last few items in the stream. If something is in there that you don't want them to see, just save/create a few more pages and it'll drop off.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• talkinnsmak

Yeah but that's not a realistic solution though. There's quite a number of use cases where they could easily see unwanted GM activity in that stream from anything like bad timing, accidently not clicking "secret" when creating a character, or just wanting to update pages they shouldn't be seeing live during game. Why not add a checkbox in basic settings to "hide GM activity in stream", save that choice to the profile, then use it as a flag to check against whenever populating the stream and skip adding anything that belongs to the GM if it was checked? 

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just offering suggestions on workarounds within the existing system as-is.

Once in a while I've forgotten to click the GM Only box, but if I go back and re-save the page as GM Only that item then disappears from the stream.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Krothos
    Krothos

This was something that also bothered me in my campaigns. Maybe this will help.

Under Settings > Advanced > Custom CSS, add the following:

/* Remove Stream Module Object */
    .stream-module-container {display:none}

Post edited by Krothos on
  • Whaat
    Whaat

THANK YOU SO MUCH KROTHOS!!!!

I've been following your posts as i've been customizing my campaign, and I gotta say, if it wasn't for you, i'd be dead in the water. As fun as this is to learn, I have no idea what i'm doing, and still haven't learned how to read the inspect element garbble.

• Krothos
    Krothos

You are most welcome!

I was there, too, not too long ago, and still only scratching the surface of what I'm able to do. Most of the credit should go to the other forum posters here as they've been a tremendous help when I was starting.

Good luck!