Campaign Copy

Gudvarvor
Gudvarvor

Is there a way to copy a campaign? I would like to start a second one but would be using a lot of the same non player characters as well as wiki entries. Im still using the first so i can't just use that one.

Comments

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

The only way I know of right now is to copy and paste. I've been playing with a GM only hidden campaign that I use as a notebook for content and crib from that. Clunky, but it works.

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

Yeah, I'm dealing with the same challenge myself. I'm prepping a new campaign that could (hopefully) turn into something much bigger, and I realized it'd make more sense to put the core stuff (setting, rules, etc.) in a separate campaign "hub" that could be referenced from other satellite campaigns. If this works, of course.

I'm copy/pasting each page into Notepad to quickly make the few syntax changes between campaigns, and it's actually going pretty fast.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Gudvarvor
    Gudvarvor

Ah, thanks. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something obvious. 

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

Yea, I been copy and pasting myself. Have a Pathfinder world that is shared by two other GM's in my game so we have a central page, with the commonly used info, and then each has their own page for their campaign specific stuff. To keep things looking uniform there's been a bit of copy/paste

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

There used to be a great tool to download the whole thing, but it went out with the Reforge.  I think it was made by Chainsaw, and it was really useful....

Just trying to help out.

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

There still is a download tool under the advanced tab in the settings section of each OP site, or at least it's available for each of my sites. I also believe there's a tool that let's you view the download if I remember correctly, but I don't remember where that is, or it does it right from the downloaded files. Haven't looked at any of my downloads for over a year.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki

I created a hub campaign for all the common stuff across my campaigns. Then built individual OPs for the active games. (See my sig for links). It's a bit clunky, but I'm coordinating 40 years of play across four game systems. As always, YMMV. 

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!