Links inside quotes

Conan_Lybarian
Conan_Lybarian

Every time I try to add a character or wiki link inside of a quote, it goes sideways. Any fix? I feel like I'm right there, but missing like, ONE, punctuation mark.

Comments

• Kallak
    Kallak

Got a link to the page in question? I can take a look.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Ghandi
    Ghandi

I am having the same issue.

https://theroleekcolony.obsidianportal.com/wikis/home-page

Oddly, putting a space between the first " and the word that follows (e.g. " First instead of "First ) appears to fix the problem. 

• Kallak
    Kallak

Now that I've gotten to see the issue (thanks for the link @Ghandi), here are some additional solutions.

[1] Use the textile method for links when you are inserting HTML a href tags. Example from the page above:

"Next is the "Hall of Tales":https://theroleekcolony.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log, where the priests compile histories. The methods of the historians are eldritch, but precise. The historians ask that visitors to the Hall of Tales refrain from the practice of magic within the hall, as it disrupts their rituals."

[2] Replace the outer quotations with their HTML equivalent: " Example from the page above:

"Beyond the Hall of Tales is the [[Main Page|Hall of Archives]], where records of discovered knowledge can be found. The keepers of the archives are very particular about how their records are filed, and require that no records are removed from the hall, and that all records are returned to their proper place after reviewing. Some exceptions have been made, but you will likely need to invoke the authority of a senior member of the order to be given leave of the archivists' demands."

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

Thanks for the advice and fixes!