Is there a way to sort Adventure Logs in different ways?

notrich

Currently it appears that the adventure logs are put in order of the date you put in to record the session.

Would there be a way to add a campaign date?  And possibly a button to choose to sort the adventure log via campaign date or session date?

(probably a rare concern - i have a new campaign with new heroes adventuring in the timeline of an old group.  It would be interesting to read the story of each group via the session time... but I also think it would be interesting to read the entire story from start to finish.  This is why for now at least i am leaving the session dates in the order they are now.

Comments

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I'd also love to see something like that, but I don't know how difficult it'd be to implement.

Currently I have navigation buttons on every adventure log page, and I update these every time I add a new log entry. (It's a bit of a pain, but with copy/paste I can crank it out in about 20 minutes.)

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Kallak
    Kallak

Alternatively, you could hide the neighbor navigation and then make your main adventure log landing page into a "home" page of sorts. Sort of what I did on my adventure log, except I wasn't going in a different order, so I kept the neighbor navigation there.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

We made ours wiki pages, and then just linked them as such  https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com/wikis/campaigns

Just trying to help out.

• Conan_Lybarian
    Conan_Lybarian

When you create a new post you can choose to change the "Post Date and Time". I've done this to RetCon story points, add pictures or other info and cool stuff the players wanted to have after the fact, and at one point as an Easter egg for my players if they went back and reviewed the adventure logs. Alternatively, I forget the campaign I saw it in, but they future dated an adventure log entry by a couple of years and had an kind of bullet point "big stuff that's happened" list" that always stays at the top. I'm not nearly as code savvy as the rest of the folks here, so my solution may not quite be up to par with what you're trying to do. But if you do that, you could then add hyperlinks/ wiki link and select an adventure log posts. It would be pretty easy to create a log of the two time lines or however you want to organize it.

Edit: You can also do this as a way to keep track of the campaign of write pre-session notes and story points. You can do this as an "ITEM" too, if you have it enabled and use them. Just make sure to have it set to DM only view.
    Post edited by Conan_Lybarian on

• JaymesBolton
    JaymesBolton

I did something like what conan said for my first campaign here on OP.

https://l5r-changing-history.obsidianportal.com/adventure-log/adventure-log-introduction

• notrich

thanks for the replies!   I was not aware there were any responses until I came back to review the forum.  Should there be a notification blinker or something on the top menu?

It appears that you have made some nice work arounds, but I was interested in using the adventure log itself as a way of putting in a differnt order without falsifying the real date system.

perhaps an order box when creating a new entry (and editable like the real world date is)?

In any case, thanks for the responses.though your solutions were not necessarily what i was looking for.