How to Edit an older post on forum

Aetherna_Nonna_Unicorno
Aetherna_Nonna_Unicorno
edited April 2019 in Campaign Portal Building

Hi, I'm Cogm in a campaign, I should edit a post in an internal forum, but after 6 days there's no change icon, is there a way to edit that post?

Post edited by Aetherna_Nonna_Unicorno on

Comments

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Yes, post a new post in the thread where the post you want to edit is, with some filler text, like xxxxxxxx, or something.

After posting, delete the post you just made.

90% of the time, this will "magically" allow you to edit posts in that thread.

I have no idea why, but its what I've been doing for years, and almost always works.  

• Aetherna_Nonna_Unicorno
    Aetherna_Nonna_Unicorno

Now Work correctly, Ty a Lot <3

are u a magician?!

• SkidAce
    SkidAce

Wizards don't explain themselves...

/grin

• Kallak
    Kallak

I was not aware of this issue. I'll get it added to the bug list. Having the workaround information is also good, I can give to the dev guys when they go to look at it.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce

This issue has been reported consistently over years.  Since you were unaware of it Kallak, I'm guessing there wasn't much in the way of pass ons during the changeovers we have had.

Well I appreciate everything you do, and I will continue to lurk and help out as best I can.

• caroldodd804
    caroldodd804

Okay, I hate to sound stupid, but I can't figure out how to delete a post on a forum.  Any suggestions please?

• Kallak
    Kallak

Click the edit icon and then the red delete button.

All the best,
    - Kallak