The "All Campaigns" page: Change the default?

UselessTriviaMan
UselessTriviaMan

I don't know how difficult it would be, but I vaguely remember in the distant past there was a discussion about possibly modifying the Default Order of the All Campaigns page.

Currently, 14 of the 25 highest-ranked sites (by number of fans) haven't been updated in the last year. How hard would it be to have the Default Order filter out campaigns that haven't been updated in a year (or two, or whatever)?

We already have a filter option for Popularity, so that selection would still include and show the old, defunct campaigns.

To be clear, I'm really not worried about this - I'm not that ego-tastic - but it's something I've wondered about and wanted to suggest.

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

Comments

• Bortas
    Bortas

Or at least maybe weighted such that lack of updates slowly lowers your 'rating'?

-bort

• Kallak
    Kallak

I absolutely agree that the default filter on the Campaigns page needs to be tweaked or replaced (that's not to say that the sort of 'most popular of all time' listing that's there now needs to go away, because I don't feel that - it just needs to not be the default). This is actually a small part of a larger overhaul I'm drafting. I can't say anything officially yet, but if I get my way, this will be addressed alongside some other elements.

All the best,
    - Kallak
  • SkidAce
    SkidAce

Bump me off the first page after all our hard work....

Hehe...

• UselessTriviaMan
    UselessTriviaMan

I completely concur that the Most Popular filter (which already exists as a selectable option) should stay, but shouldn't be the default.

And SkidAce, I know your particular set of skills involves getting people to become fans of your campaign. Email away, I ain't skeered... ;-)

Ptolus, City by the Spire - 2016 Campaign of the Year

"Please pay attention very carefully, because this is the truest thing a stranger will ever say to you: In the face of such hopelessness as our eventual, unavoidable death, there is little sense in not at least TRYING to accomplish all your wildest dreams in life."  - - Kevin Smith

• Johnprime
    Johnprime

I would also like to see a filter selection for active campaigns. In the past I've been looking for campaigns for particular game systems to see what those players are doing and I would rather see active ones first. But that's not always the case.

Johnprime

Deadwood Deacon Banner

Where the west is really wild!

The Valley of Life Banner

The Valley of Life

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse

A filter for active campaigns is a great idea

Just trying to help out.

• cgregory
    cgregory

I know my previous suggestion of for the default page was most popular which have been updated in the last year.

They are among us!

XCom: Defiance - Campaign of the Month November 2016